Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

beer gas canister posted:

Who's played Assault Suits Valken Declassified? It's cheap at the moment and it looks rad

I've very much enjoyed turning my Switch into a retro game storage closet over the years

Literally played it for the first time today after buying it ages ago! I loved this game on the snes and this version is great! It's such a cool game, you really feel like you're piloting a big robot. Absolutely pick it up! The music rips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I've been considering it, but I still have the SNES version (called "Cybernator" in the US). I assume the "Declassified" refers to restoring a particular cutscene very near the end of the game?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
It's a full retranslastion that adds character art and a bunch of missing text. Also there's reportedly some 40 pages of flavor text from the old manual that's been translated

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Ah, sounds cool. i may have to pick it up, I was considering doing so at some point anyhow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cybernator kicks so much rear end.
Speed through the first mission without attacking anything but the boss for a fun surprise.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my friend was moving in like 2010 and found a copy of Cybernator in the laundry room basement of his rented apartment that didnt belong to him and we played it and he kept it, that was such a badass night :)

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
cybernator was my first snes game and it ruled even though I'm still bad at it to this day

shout out to my buddy Carl whose family emigrated from Vietnam and provided me sweet Vietnamese terminator 2 and also cybernator memories

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Cybernator kicks so much rear end.
Speed through the first mission without attacking anything but the boss for a fun surprise.

Oh, yes, absolutely. :doit:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

Lol this game is so silly. Thanks for the recommendation.

By the way I loved Super Mario Wonder, and just did a playthrough with my soon to be 8 year old and we both enjoyed it a bunch once he got into the "vibe." We just beat it tonight.

At the gym he's been playing "Super Mario Galaxy" on a wii - is there a direct equivalent of that on Switch? I'm going to get him a game for his birthday. Otherwise I'm thinking Minecraft, Splatoon, Super Mario Odyssey, or Kirby and the Forgotten Land. How much time do you need to put in to Minecraft to "have fun"? We currently nearly exclusively play together for ~45-60m a few nights a week because the switch is out in my office where he can't be unsupervised but that's likely to change soon.

I'm also going to get him a physical game since I don't think it makes sense to bind a game into my account given I presume he might wind up with one of these things of his own soonish. Unless there is something I am missing there where I can move a game to another account like I own it and am not just purchasing a revocable nontransferable license to use the software.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Odyssey is the galaxy equivalent on Switch at the moment. 3D World is good too but is a bit less ambitious

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hatty posted:

Odyssey is the galaxy equivalent on Switch at the moment. 3D World is good too but is a bit less ambitious

Perfect. I think he's going to love it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
To add to that, 3D World has multiplayer while Odyssey doesn't.

etc- Well, Odyssey has a co-op where one person controls the hat, but nothing remotely to the extent of 3D World where both people play together.