Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Mordiceius posted:

For me, the power in Endwalker hasn't necessarily been (full game spoilers) the cosmic battle vs nihilism (though that is v. good), but it has instead been the little character moments. There is so much in this expansion but we've still had plenty of time to just sit with characters and just have moments. Seeing all my friends from the last 8 years reach the culmination of their personal arcs is incredibly powerful and inspiring.

My favourite line in the expansion comes in the cutscene after the final dungeon/before the final trial.

Zenos rocks up, takes one look at the Endsinger, and goes "But why does it still live? Surely it is no match for you."

That one line, to me, says more about that idiot's opinion of you than almost anything else in the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Thundarr posted:

I took that line as partially sincere and partially an attempt at a friendly jab, showing that Zenos has actually exhibited a tiny little bit of growth. It was a really good line regardless.

See, I took it as completely sincere. For me, it was a reflection of how single-minded Zenos was, how little he had changed. As a character, his flaw was that he was ultimately unable to change except in reaction to the WoL and not for his own sake/at his own impetus - his monologue post-fist fight being his own realisation of this, beyond the simplistic idea that the WoL gave his life meaning. The tragedy (not forgetting all the destruction he had brought about) was that he realised it only when it was too late.

Of course, your reading absolutely works too. And it was just a great line in general.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Nodosaur posted:

I would die for the Loporrits

I want to see them meet the namazu. I want to see Puddingway bully an awful fish.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Doomykins posted:

Qiqirn are gonna be teased as a beastman tribe but SURPRISE IT'S THE BURMECIANS IT'S A FF9 EXPAC the primary antag is a loose homage to Kuma/Garland and weird artificial people/invader monsters. :cool:

Don't you toy with my heart like this.

I can't remember any of the predictions I put in the form except that the new beast tribe is a village of FF IX-style puppets/mage golems. We need more FF IX inspired content.

look I know there are actually quite a few IX references and they seem to crop up in oddly pivotal moments but I need more

Pulling an unrelated prediction out of thin air: we travel to the southern continent on an airship called the Eternal Wind.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

There are some really nice little tweaks in the prelim patch notes. Sorting teleport destinations by expansion, for example - I'm probably not going to use it now but it would have been handy on the EW launch where new locations weren't as neatly organised as for ShB.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

As someone who never played 11 I'm still pumped for that.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

I am thankful for the event making the ARR relic atma grind a whole lot smoother. By the time I've got all the atmas from a zone that I need, I've got more than enough medallions - I don't particularly want any of the event weapons but into the armoire they'll go!

Also I've done enough atma grinding before and during this that I've started to delude myself into seeing a pattern where drop rates increase in different zones based on real world time of day. Confirmation bias is a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Alder posted:

Personally, it was never the atma suffering that made me quit mostly it was the cursed books and I just ended up giving up on WHM right at the EW launch after I unlocked SGE.

Yeah, I've done a couple to completion; the books are going to be a case of just little bits of progress here and there spread out over who knows how long. I've got all the turn-ins stockpiled so after that, Aurum Vale for the mahatmas. So much Aurum Vale.

blatman posted:

it may not be time of day but you get more atmas when you have a good glam

:negative: