Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Ibblebibble posted:

I don't sit while Big Fishing just so I can have the thrill of actually reeling it in instead of getting baited (har har) by the !!!

But if you sit and catch a !!! you'll stand up while you reel it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Onean posted:

The weekly Minimog targets this week are either doing an ARR elite mark bill (the weekly Hunt target) or doing the level 50 Toadskin treasure map.

I bet toadskin map prices are going to skyrocket this week. ARR hunts are kind of annoying with how many spawn points you need to check.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Onean posted:

Don't sleep on the MGP cards if you haven't gotten everything you want from the Gold Saucer. (Or even if you have since they're constantly adding stuff to it, and having a leg up on the next however-many-million MGP mount they'll inevitably add will be nice.) They're the actual MGP currency and not the +X% buff tickets, 30 mogtomes for 50,000 MGP.

Another good thing to get are the guaranteed portal maps for anyone who wants to grind the achievements like me, or is poor. In the second part of the event they'll be adding level 90 maps as well.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Mister Olympus posted:

savage criterion is absolutely as hard or harder than savage raiding, people are just weird about it. same applies to deep dungeon soloing, tbh. small but dedicated community

I don't raid so feel free to disregard what I'm about to say. From what I've heard, recent savage raids have been feeling uninspired while criterion fights have all been great but with poor rewards. So why don't they just cut out savage entirely and use criterion for gearing? Then they could allocate the saved resources to guaranteeing 2 or 3 ultimates per expansion or something.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Alder posted:

not from the hunt

The one from the hunt isn't a terrible grind. Even if you don't want to interact with the community at all you could get it in 4 weeks of doing the ShB/EW weekly B ranks.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
That reminds me of the funniest thing I've ever witnessed in this game. There was some FC drama going down in Limsa in /say and /shout chat for some reason and meanwhile a hrothgar bard was parked next to them playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme on a loop. It doesn't sound as funny when I describe it but I was cackling at the time.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Tensokuu posted:

I just like the add on that makes it so my action bars work like the PVP bars. I wish there was an official settings option to make it always work like that

It would definitely make things a lot easier for console/controller players

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
Another great way to make gil from GC seals is to buy submarine mats like coke and hardened sap. You need a ton of them for building submarines, and people are always building them since it's the best passive source of gil in the game.
With ventures, I send my DoL retainers out to get dark matter clusters so I can craft magitek repair materials. They're used to fix subs so it's good money too.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I think it's supposed to be coming out around the same time as the DLC

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do the clothes come from a quest? Cause I want to steal Noctis' shirt.

yes
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/ffxv/9tkdm9tw1g/

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Countblanc posted:

what would be a UI or general user experience thing you'd love to see for dawntrail (that doesn't relate to glamour)? mine is for raid tokens and totems to be on their own currency tab.

I want chat bubbles. I know they said it's coming but I hope they don't wait until the last patch of dawntrail or something.
And I think vendors should have a search field because scrolling is annoying.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
If they reworked the Coils of Bahamut to be doable in raid roulette would you rather that they kept the old Coils in the game for Blue Mages or make new level 50 savage raids?

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
sephirot is way cooler than sephiroth anyway

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Kheldarn posted:

So my thinking is that Dawntrail will be released somtime in August. Mainly because it seems like they're planning to rerun all of the Seasonal Events that haven't been retired along with the regular ones, plus the new FF16 one in early April.

We know they're rerunning FF15 (started today), and Yo-Kai-Watch. They just reran the FF11 Iroha event. They still have Little Ladies' Day, Hatching-Tide, and the Make It Rain campaigns, and they'll probably slip the Moonfire Faire in before the release of DT. At this point, the only non-retired event is the DQ one, Breaking Brick Mountians. Add in the Genesis 2 MogTomes event, and that means there's 8 events to run before DT launches (9 if they rerun DQ).

Those events will finish around the end of July-ish, and If they throw in the DQ rerun, it'll finish closer to the start of August-ish.

Supposedly they're combining Hatching Tide and Little Ladies Day this year.

They did mention bringing back Yo-kai Watch but I agree with Vitamean, it would make a lot more sense to wait until there were 4 weapons to add. And the Yo-kai Watch event alone usually lasts a few months so people can have time to grind all the weapons.
I doubt they would change the release date of an expansion just to fit some crossover events, these are just to keep newer players subbed in the meantime. Like before Endwalker they ran the FFXV event and the DQX event but didn't bother with a rerun of FFXI until around 6.1.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Xun posted:

you could also liquidate FC points for cash by selling ceruleum tanks, seem to be going for 200k+ per 999 on NA servers

where can I buy ceruleum tanks from players?

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
While dungeons are at a good difficulty for something intended to be run daily I always felt that they were mind numbingly boring. I default to getting tomes from hunt trains since they're usually shorter.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Cleretic posted:

Next weekend, make sure to test FFXIV's upcoming features by invading Australia.

I wonder what this means in the long term for Materia once they open the gates both ways. I imagine they're just going to go to the Japanese DCs for everything like Dynamis in NA.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Louisoix?

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I see they're bringing back the DQX event in June. I wish they would give out the slime earrings during this instead of it being a limited-time Tokyo Game Show thing. The last time it was available was 2016.

Hellioning posted:

I am so glad I do not and never have cared about Yokai Watch so I can just ignore this event because everyone else doing it seemed to be miserable.

Like even the people who posted the mount that they get at the end just seemed to be 'oh thank god that is over'.

I genuinely enjoyed grinding it last time it was around. I was new and it was the only time the game felt like an MMO until I unlocked Eureka. I feel like the people making themselves miserable are all trying to rush it ASAP even though there's plenty of time to finish it. Like if the current crowd is making FATEs die too fast they could just wait a couple weeks and still get everything at a leisurely pace.

leaptosleep fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 26, 2024

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
How do you make portraits like that? Whenever I try it always gives me the error that my character's face isn't showing.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
Oh, you had me completely fooled lmao

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I don't know why but the holy delay makes it so satisfying for me.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
How many faux leaves do you guys average each week?
I'm going to reach the cap soon and I'm unsure if I should buy a minion now and then try to reach the cap again within the next 7 weeks (I'll probably miss some weeks) or if I should just stop here.
I want to be able to get the new mount and minion in 7.0 and who knows if we'll get an unreal trial before 7.1.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Martman posted:

Do you use a solver or spreadsheet thing? On average I'd say I probably get around like... 100-125 a week or something but that's a very rough estimate. But yeah in 7 weeks you should definitely be able to cap again if you spend only 400

I use the spreadsheet. I don't think I earn that many leaves though. Usually I get both dual blades and one or both of the medium boxes. Rarely do I find the commander. So that puts me at ~75 leaves a week? I guess you're right, in 7 weeks I should be able to cap again.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I'm looking forward to Dawntrail but I'm not expecting any big deviations from the established formula. Like, Solution 9/Heritage Found probably wasn't going to be the big final zone reveal anyway. We've only seen 5 out of 6 zones from fanfest keynotes.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
is masked carnivale pronounced like carnival or does it rhyme with locale?

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I know the mountain dew stuff starts today but are the items ingame yet? I don't see the mount in garlandtools.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I wanted to switch from maining mch to a melee or caster DPS for dawntrail but the drone attack looks really cool.. I don't like this predicament.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

hopeandjoy posted:

The gear remains “glammed” with the non visible GNB clothes. Just save the gearset after switching from GNB to WAR and then the portrait. This is how my SAM and MNK plates work, since I use the sentai suit on MNK.

This works fine for your striking jobs since there's only two of them but if you went from GNB to PLD to WAR wouldn't that break it again? so steve would have to remember to switch to GNB before WAR every time, unless he only uses those two tanks.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Joe Chip posted:

Do not get the Purple Thunder if you plan on actually drinking it. That poo poo is vile.

literally opened this thread just to post this. I actually feel ill from drinking this swill.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

ImpAtom posted:

Just pour the soda out. It isn't like you're wasting it. It is bad for you and donating Mountain Dew to food banks is probably considered a crime.

you're right but it's hard to unlearn the way you were raised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I'm thinking of raiding in the EU servers next expansion even though I live in NA (east coast) because of my work hours and cross-region travel being enabled. Anybody here have experience with that? Will I be good to go with just noclippy?