Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
EOTYC:

rear end Boys chillwave theme :mmmhmm:

[edit]\/\/\/ I'll make it this one from Dark 1/11, since the entrance itself is also funny.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Angle of the Year
12th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 4
Masquerade/RED Triangle Gate Match aftermath

Absolutely seconded, and it's even better when you take into account the whole RED/Masquerade feud building throughout last year: The Triangle Gate feud, Dia & Yoshioka's huge rivalry, and Shun & Diamante's feud that caused all the mask problems, as well as the rising tension within both RED and Masquerade for several months. They managed to pull off satisfying conclusions to ALL of that in one night. It's the most plot advancement I can remember happening in a promotion in so little time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure what category to put this in. Most Under-delivery on Hype? Biggest Disappointment? Something like that.

MLW Azteca:
-Spring 2021: Awesome, a LuchaAzteca Underground stable in MLW! Dario Cueto's here! :haw:
-Summer 2021: Holy poo poo, a spinoff! LU's spiritual successor is getting its own brand featuring your old favorites! :D
-Autumn 2021: Soooo we couldn't get a TV deal, now it's a miniseries. And it'll have... some... of your old favorites. :geno:
-Winter 2022: Uh, here. We taped some The Crash Lucha Libre shows with MLW guys on it. Some of the luchadors are from AAA, and that's basically the same thing right? Anyway it still has MLW matches like any other Fusion episode, but in Mexico. :effort:

Just... What were they thinking? Postpone it if you can't get it together. Don't hype up a LU relaunch and then deliver a mediocre crossover show as if we don't know the difference. There's like 3 LU guys in it and they're not in the same episode, so it's not Lucha Underground and it's barely Azteca Underground. It's not even particularly good in a vacuum as a MLW x Crash series.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Penguin Patrol posted:

Yeah, I also tried to watch that Azteca show and was severely disappointed. Worst Premiere of the Year? Worst Branding? Most Missed Mark? Shatteredest Expectations? I'll nth it and drop it into the generic BAD tab of my spreadsheet.

I'm comfortable with "Biggest Hype Fail of the Year".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nth on the Brandi/Lambert promo. I appreciated the Josh Alexander namedrop, but that was the only good thing about it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Silliest Faction Name of the Year: Z-Brats

I love them, but also lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Finishing Sequence of the Year:

GLEAT [G PROWRESTLING] Ver.16
G-REX Title Tournament Quarterfinal
CIMA vs Takanori Ito

Worth watching the whole match, but the finish starts about here. CIMA becomes increasingly desperate to beat Ito and tries an elaborate series of pins and cradles, but nothing works. Finally, Ito kicks CIMA's loving head off for the win.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sign of the Year: Starman from NES Pro Wrestling with the caption "A WINNER IS YOU"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Penguin Patrol posted:

I assume this was from the 2/16 Dynamite?

:yeah:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Intense Acting of the Year: G.O.D. responding to Jay White saying kicking them out of Bullet Club was "just business" - March 3 Impact

https://streamable.com/ro0zme

drat, Tama, call a casting agent or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Funniest trash talk of the year: Bobby Fish @ Revolution 2022

:byodood: "That's not gonna work! What are you doing? That's not gonna work either!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Finishing Spot of the Year: Myron Reed cutters Matt Cross out of a Shooting Star Press - MLW Fusion, March 3, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Jfle4_1pI&t=2911s

I've been high on Reed for a while now, he's really something and I hope he gets his due in a bigger promotion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Move Sequence of the Year - 3/18 AEW Rampage

Butcher puts a Cloverleaf on Darby Allin, whips him through his legs into a powerbomb, then returns to the Cloverleaf, all without breaking the hold. :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dad Comment of the Year - Rampage 3/25

Jericho: "Hook looks annoyed that somebody woke him up to send him out here."
Taz: "Good chance of that."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Funniest Ad Break of the Year: MLW Fusion #138 - 3/24

Gangrel vs Gnarls Garvin

Gangrel opens up Garvin's forehead with a sickle just as it cuts to a personal injury lawyer's commercial.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Entrance Music of the Year: The Last Dragon theme - Tootie Lynn @ Glory Pro Wrestling: Cemetery Gates

POWER OF THE GLOW :supaburn:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
nth

How the hell does he not know by now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Punch McLightning posted:

Freakout of the Year: Low Ki vs. fan, featuring a Homicide run in, Mark Hitchcock Memorial Super Show, 3/31

Nth but also Butthurt Sensitive Babyman of the Year for Low Ki

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
rear end in a top hat Fan of the Year: Guy in the front waving his stupid coded Trumper sign around the whole night - Dynamite 4/13

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Angle of the Year
25th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 14
Jason Lee decides which faction to join while Shun Skywalker continues to be insane.

Nth, Shun's unhinged scream/cackle is legitimately terrifying

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it was loving crazy.

This makes his Impact run hilarious in retrospect. FinJuice vs BC for months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lita of the Year: Brandon Cutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

"He's stabbing Chris Jericho with my pen!!"