Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

(with cheese pegging room?!)

I thought it was called buggery over there? Am I thinking of the wrong country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I think my favorite was the guy building a giant mansion out of earth/adobe, one layer at a time (i.e. like 3D printing only with mud bricks/straw). There was no reason, he just wanted to build a mansion out of mud I think because it was "the cheapest way" since the building material is easily available, don't have to pay anyone for it! Which makes perfect sense if you value your time at zero. Naturally the build was....not going quickly, and his wife clearly was already fed up (and maybe had already left him by the end of the episode when they check back in a year or whatever? At which point he was of course still nowhere close to done).

Was he also doing a round house or am I conflating two of them?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I love this thread.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Socks and sandals, socks don't match

Goon spotted.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Those are the best part of a bulkhead door though!

I've been on crutches far too long in my life to intentionally put poo poo like that in my house. Looks cool as hell though.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol. We're in the upside down timeline now remember, trump and Boris and brexit and my posts being tolerable.

Don't worry though I will continue to post in my usual fashion in the UK threads.

If you get banned, several of us will be real disappointed not to see this house get finished.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Were you able to get a cold shower after all that?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Tesla storage at the power plant up the road went up in flames yesterday and I thought of you.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/fire-battery-storage-facility-moss-landing/41293594

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I was all stoked to say how pretty I thought that roof was going to be and I'm excited to see it finished, and then you go and completely show up 99 with this.

Goddamn :golfclap:

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I like looking at those tiles. Pretty roof.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Doesn't concrete stick to the form usually? How do you just pull it up?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

...why did overheating make you think the engine was the problem?

Please tell me you at least checked the radiator and coolant pump before you swapped and blew up another engine, my guy.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Cos I've stuck a big concrete slab on top to sit the heatpump on.

Why in the world would you do this?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

Demand they compensate you for wasting your time by then taking the order, that's ridiculous.

I'm sure 99 will prevail across national lines in getting Italians to pay for wasting someone's time.

Give it a couple pages, he'll get them to agree to compensate him by building some floating vanities for him. But all the hardware will be metric and not the King's units, so it'll require three adapters to attach to the center of the earth via the foundations, one of which will be a repurposed spaghetti sauce jar lid, and another will be a Chinese knockoff from eBay made in the wrong type of plastic.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

Yes. I think what he'll end up with is a manual shunt hooked up to electromechanical actuators that are controlled by the house computer. It's really the most elegant solution at this point.

I am quoting this to reference it later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Coping is witchcraft, don't they still burn witches on that island?