Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

My instinct here is to laugh in appreciation of how on brand this is but I'm genuinely envious and wish I'd thought to look for something like this before attempting the billion bodge jobs that are holding my house together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I had the exact same problem making openable doors in Duke Nukem 3D. I think you need to apply an offset to the sprite's X coordinate.

Good plan making a bungalow as well as the Build engine really doesn't like rooms above rooms.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

goatface posted:

Do you pay VAT on building materials?

Yes.

goatface posted:

Maybe customs wouldn't give a poo poo.

lmao

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If you are VAT registered the answer is slightly more complicated depending on the type of building you're constructing but if you're some random punter buying supplies then gently caress you pay the VAT

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Didn't know about that one, good luck and hope you don't end up in a debtor's prison

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Looking at section 11 of the construction VAT notice they will probably have zero rated it: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/buildings-and-construction-vat-notice-708#section11

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I didn't even have to read the text boxes, the format alone was enough for my brain to paint in the little corner guy

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Have we caught up with the present yet 99? This is all looking impressively house shaped I have to say

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The breakroom? That's loving palatial compared to the fanzone accommodation, you can definitely increase those prices

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Extremely on brand

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Seems unnecessarily complex. Just use a couple of those lane switching junctions like they have in Macau:

You already have foundations rated for this scale of infrastructure so it should be a quick job

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Easily resolved by anchoring your foundations to the mantle of the earth

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But I will have moved to a better shpaed house by the time its an issue hopefully.

Impossible

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Rarely have I been proven wrong so quickly and conclusively

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's the access point to Elon's Hyperloop network

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"I'm inventing my own radials"

god bless you 99

e: if you ever sell this place I would pay to see the look on the face of the electrician the new owners hire to check the place out

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's a good thing you've installed all those smart ventilation systems, otherwise you'd be in danger of asphyxiation when he sucks all the air in the room in through his teeth

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

:dudsmile:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I prefer a radler to a shandy but sure

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

99 explains the house layout to a panel of electricians

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Our house needed a lot of work doing when we moved in and I had a real existential moment when I had to fix a floorboard upstairs while there was a hole in the plaster of the ceiling underneath, meaning I could see all the way through to the hallway floor.

Houses are basically fake! They're mostly empty air!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

CancerCakes posted:

You put your foot through the ceiling didn't you

No it was an old house that had pipes etc running up the walls so left holes when we modernised.

I did get to sledgehammer / crowbar / kick apart the old cupboard that the back boiler had been in which was very satisfying.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I guarantee that I'm not the first person to post House of L(eaves) itt

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm looking forward to the episode where the house brain malfunctions, locking all the doors and windows, and the famously child-averse 99 has to lead a band of precocious schoolkids through the ducts to reboot the system before they run out of air

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

jose sent me a pm with pictures like this once

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Got a LexisNexis update this morning saying that HMRC won't accept any invoices that don't have a date of issue for DIY housebuilder VAT refunds and thought of 99

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"Snagging" also prevents the building being considered complete, which can be important as there's some differences in tax treatment between work on a new building that's not yet finished and repairs / maintenance on a completed build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

He's leading a class of precocious schoolchildren through the Jefferies Tubes as we speak