Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I forgot to include my new idea for tidying and separating cables in trunking to aid with cooling and meeting grouping requirements.

Need a squishy rubber divider you put in every metre or so but has to be removeable, as in not have wires passing through actual holes.

I couldnt find anything online so invented my own to 3d print in some squishy rubber and become a millionaire this time next year rodney.

The trunktopus:

and a more boring version

so imagine them extruded like a cm or so.

Although I think actually using them might be a ballache.

The latter design is similar to this one:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1320948

I've printed some of those out in ABS and used them up in some drop ceilings before to run 4-6 cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Upgrade posted:

I swear I’m not posting this to be rude and clearly you are a capable person, but is there a reason you designed this house with what seems like no natural light?

I don't think they have that in England.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I mean technically the way its supposed to work is that the gutter ends sit in a lower section of the corner piece so its all flush, but from the images it doesnt really look as though the rubber bit squishes enough to be perfectly flush like that.

Technology has a solution though!

Like the modern robot vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers, my parents have a robot that drives around in the pool all day with bristles to clean it.

Meet EL GutterBot

Solar powered, you just pop him in the gutter and leave him to it, he'll trundle from one end to the other and back again for eternity agitating any pools of wet and muck to swift their progress to a downpipe.

I used one of these once. It made a terrible racket but it really hurled leaves out of the gutter. I suspect they stopped making it because for a labor saving device you still have to go up on a ladder and sit there and control it while it bangs away:
https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-330-Gutter-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B00A1590RS

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Someone get Zachtronics on the horn, we've got a new game idea here for PlumbingPunks.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Leperflesh posted:

aren't you supposed to use those little insert spacer things to get all the tiles to space exactly equally so they line up

Yeah it helps, the net thing is more to hold little tiles together on the back so you don't have to deal with each tiny tile individually for like a one foot square. I think a lot of the problems there are due to the floor being uneven to provide drainage, it's more of a challenge to tile than flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoG1XwT860