Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pro-tip for laying cable, minimize the number of right angles so it's easier to run them through the pipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This is how you'll be parking your car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QksqWRqEfy0 (there are English subs)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

You should plant some bamboo.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Loezi posted:

(I don't know photoshop for poo poo, but I ain't sorry)

:five:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

More sockets is always better.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Foxfire_ posted:

OSHA thread found some of your brickie's other work:
https://i.imgur.com/snp3VSj.gifv

nice L-shaped wall

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

we are graced with another L

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I keep waiting to see what he's gonna plant in the plant room :dance:

it's gonna be monstera deliciosa with all the heat and humidity from leaking hoses

Reynoutria japonica :getin:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

That wiring frightens me. It's going to get nice and warm in those conduits.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Jaded Burnout posted:

Look upon my works, ye sparky, twisted pair

Nice

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Might've been more efficient wiring-wise to just have secondary fuse boxes. But a bit too late for that. Well, until the sparky turns up and gets a heart attack.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Each room can already be used as an iron lung, so adding electrocution to the mix would make EMTs' lives a lot easier.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Don't make me tap the " 'electrocute' means 'killing with electricity' " sign

Or to injure, depending on your dictionary. Anyway, dead people are less work than injured people.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i thought terf island would've gotten rid of any bud lights by now, maybe that's why they're giving it to you

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i don't know what's going on but if you ever have to sell this place you should print the entire thread and send it to the new owners for a laugh

normally people would go "what the gently caress were they thinking" but now they could actually know

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Avoid hackers by turning your entire house into a Faraday cage

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the world's strongest foundation needs the world's strongest door: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v34zHuW_uQ

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

there's pretty cool underground heat storage options these days, might be interesting

heat is energy so you're basically building a big battery. trust me.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm really upset about the misaligned but identical tiles on the wall / floor.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

very tight

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

is modular housing even a thing? like i know there's lots of prefab stuff but actual modular housing seemed to be that one gimmick hotel in tokyo (where else) and not much else

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

yeah that's what i meant, the prefab stuff is very common here (it's just way more efficient), the project just reminded me more of Nakagin Capsule Tower Building

we have shipping container housing here as well but just for temporary / student accommodation, it's very airtight and easily deployable in an L-shape

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Cat Hatter posted:

Billionaires make a lot of arguments about things they know nothing about, but unless that dude had experience living in a prison and/or submarine he probably doesn't have anything to back that up.

more billionaires should have experience living in submarines tbh

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

How do you protect against quantum tunneling?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hope you have some cover plates to protect your precious sockets from the plastering brutes. They'd plaster the loving windows if they could.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Not for long

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What I'm particularly enjoying is the care and attention they give to all my wiring I have spent months carefully colour code braiding just the way I like it

lol. I'm a big boy. I can deal with this

lol, told you

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Towards L shape architecture: never really figured out exactly what I was trying to achieve

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

what level of finish did you agree with the plasterers?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Wrap the house in foil

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

JunkDeluxe posted:

Agree - but you really have to design it well. Some houses goes all in on the black cladding, and you can quickly go full retard

can't find a pic now but there's a bunch of places over here where it looks like they just had some spare rooftop tiles and decided to use them as cladding instead

njan this is NOT a suggestion

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If you had a moat you wouldn't need to worry about gutters. Just an idea.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is this some kind of Passivhaus deal anyway? I watched a guy on Grand Designs last night whose build took as long as this one, but it was 800m², had enough solar to power the rest of their village, and was going for some kind of Ultra-Passiv cert that noone else in Britain has ever gotten. Pretty sure if you farted in that house at Christmas you'd still be smelling the Brussels sprouts in April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-lpYd2dZk

seems absolutely insane lmao, 800m2!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

withak posted:

Tell Mike not to drop all his construction debris in the middle of the photo next time.

That’s his house

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

that's some smooth piping

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

There's no electricity

Just run a diesel generator in the airtight house, what could go wrong?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

ok yeah is interesting and I possibly do want something like that as well, but it does not solve the problem.

The smart meter is essential. The smart meter is the bit that tells the energy company exactly when I took the power, i.e. when it was free/negative cost. I can do all sorts of smart poo poo my end but without the smart meter relaying my live half hourly usage I'm not getting paid.

Do UK smart meters have an externally readable interface? I have one of these and it's really neat.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Heating / cooling stuff is weirdly cheap in Italy, it feels like you can get most stuff there for nearly half price.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I could adrian newey the gently caress out of it and create something like this?

Like an aerodynamic heatpump wing to direct air away from the fence smoothly rather and butting straight into it?

Put it on a pedestal for all to admire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

while you're at it you should install a proper water softener, idk how hard the water is in your area but it's the one thing i'll never regret installing in my flat