Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pretty much. I've got a few posts to make. But yeah. Guess I'll need to get my finger out now.

Time to pressure you into working harder and faster so we can be entertained!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

big scary monsters posted:

I hope the rest of the build is speedy, inexpensive, and above all well documented here.

I feel like this is a choose one kind of thing. Can't wait for the posts.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

Hands down the best joke I've seen on these forums in 22 years.

I'd appreciate if you didn't bring that up

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

How'd you get a structural engineer to approve single-wythe walls?

Wythe is a masonry term and I wouldn't call 99's walls masonry

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Tomarse posted:

Would it not have been possible here and much easier to just run the cables loose through a standard opening and then seal around the cable bundle with air stop/fire stop foam?

Of course it would have.

That's not why we're here.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The trunktopus:

and a more boring version

I think you're trying to invent a cable comb.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

~Coxy posted:

It's very dumb to me that expensive smart doorbells have wired power but not PoE.

Possibly so people can't just rip your doorbell off and plug into your network?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

devicenull posted:

You don't have all your externally mounted devices on an isolated vlan? What are you even doing?

I'm sorry I'm trying to figure out spanning trees

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Jaded Burnout posted:

I’m still annoyed that I lost my nice metal BT punch down tool. Real nice.

I ran into a Hubbel patch panel the other day where each pair was a staggered punchdown and it didn't have room for my punch to actually terminate things properly, it was very upsetting.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Epitope posted:

Ya not sure what was expected there. Seems there are off the shelf solutions too
https://blank-it.co.uk/
https://www.protection.co.uk/products/backboxshield-backbox-cover

Anybody else as surprised as I am to see that 99 is doing things very similar to the example photos? England is wack.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

WhatEvil posted:

Lmao is that how bricks are meant to work?

Shh, they're not bricks

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Meow Meow Meow posted:

Agree with this, buy the 50 pack of blades, then you'll be set for life and not be stingy about snapping off to a new section of blade.

Do this. When you snap a blade by accident and go into your little blade holder and only find snapped off blades it is quite frustrating.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

everdave posted:

Will he be making GBS threads in the bushes along the way?

where else do you poo poo while trick or treating?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Towards L shape architecture: Don't worry I haven't calculated the loads

which is why the foundation piles are holding up the entire planet, just gotta cantilever the sink down into the piles

Raised by Hamsters posted:

But his foundations go to the core of the earth. Bolt the danged thing to the floor with an in-wall carrier arm.

dammit

Endjinneer posted:

Also, these boys piss out water all the time and no amount of fiddling with the drain plugs will solve that. Make sure you've got something that can deal with a couple of litres/hour of water leaking out.

He does, the C3PO joints underneath it, he'll never know if the water is from them or the heatpump

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Dead Goon posted:

That's a shed.

2 story shed. Would live in.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Wait are you saying that the water is freezing in your pipes?

I hope it's not because I do not want to think about the damage happening under the floor if those floor heating pipes burst.

are you looking at the same plant room as me? there's no water in those pipes

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Starbucks posted:

A one hour YouTube video? Who has the attention span for something like that

How exactly do you think I get to sleep?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

I hate these so much and every one I've ever seen has been poorly terminated.

Platinum Tools came out with a new one called ezEX-RJ45 that when it crimps and cuts it actually trims a little plastic bit as well making it beautifully smooth. Would recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bSqBnWBg0

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

like the cladding on the outside. Next year I might go round with a flame thrower

quoting for the insurance company? I guess they probably haven't been interested in touching this with a 2 rod pole though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

all laid out. easy peasy

nah. its total poo poo. multiple reasons. nothing is right and you'll stand on this in bare feet. so you'll know.

I've dragged it all back up, hosed it off, its all fallen to bits and today has been a loving disaster.

great. amazing

try again tomorrow

I love a good example of not ever being able to know where the tiles will end up