Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010
Eagerly awaiting 3 years of progress posts. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

Hadlock posted:

The real failure here is lack of sub panel per room. If you trip a breaker do you really want to have to leave the room you're in to walk all the way to the plant room every time

I'm sure there will be a full industrial substation integrated into the house with auto reclosers on all breakers :science:

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Man coming to assess first fit electrics on Tuesday morning. So we shall see.

Will this be live-streamed?

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

These let you get the blade way out and you can get it very flush with whatever you're trying to cut/scrape there. they're also super quick and cheap to change blades. I've had the same one for almost 20 years and I use it on tons of projects.

Agree with this, buy the 50 pack of blades, then you'll be set for life and not be stingy about snapping off to a new section of blade.

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010
Mount the heatpump on stilts so it blows over the fence.

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

Wallet posted:

In all the tests I've seen well-executed mitre joints turn out to be a lot stronger than you'd expect, but they're also easy to gently caress up and if you gently caress them up you will ruin the strength.

Edit: Here's a good video about it.

I'd like to see a test comparing the strength of a properly prepared and glued mitre joint to those foam bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010
Wow, congrats.