Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Hadlock posted:

In the UK because you drive on the other side of the road, does that mean the drive thru runs clockwise around the building? Because it looks like you're setup for cars to wrap counter clockwise around the building like they do in the states :confused:

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

everdave posted:

Hear me out…ladies would probably dig like maybe a sunken tub with some gravel around it

Just trim the top off the I beams.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever drink a bud lite in the uk.

Normal bud is light enough.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

MrYenko posted:

I legit thought I was in the nuclear power thread for a couple seconds before my eyes focused. This thread loving delivers.

Are they the schematics for Hinkley Point C or is it 99s latest plan for his plumbing, heat sink, electrics etc etc.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Muir posted:

How does one extract energy from an octopus, anyway?

Overnight when it's cheapest.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Well er... yeah it will do I guess. I'm not letting them do dot and dab plasterboard on the walls because I don't like it. Going to plaster the blocks directly which requires a relatively thick parge coat layer first before the final plaster layer. Also in a few places, like under windows where the blocks are prone to cracks I discussed with him putting in some metal mesh to tie it together a bit to try and stop the cracking coming through in the final plaster finish. Same on the long walls where I don't think the brickies put in as many expansion joints as they should have.

Suddenly it all becomes clear.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I'm sure this was covered months ago buy why the obsession about the house being airtight?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Leperflesh posted:

oh yeah also

this is why you put furniture and pictures and lamps and stuff against the wall, to hide the fact that your massive slab of plastered wall isn't uniform and perfect. People also apply texture which helps with that too.

It makes a lot of sense to spend an extra year of effort and a hundred thousand quids making the house maximum airtight insulated etc. to save $18/mo on energy costs

Ah OK. I assumed it was to suffocate house guests.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Arrath posted:

Oh I get it now, NJAN99 is gonna do a Glass Onion dinner

I think we all deserve to come to the house warming party.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Cornwall and Aberdeen are the two biggest rado hotspots iirc due to the granite.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I know my house isn't airtight because I always have the windows open.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I worked for the university accommodation department whilst I returned to uni to achieve my pretty poster making degree.

We had a passivehaus accommodation block built at huge expense and to huge acclaim.

Then we moved 300 self orientated 18 year olds into it who hosed the entire building concept by having their windows open the whole time rather than rely on the buildings super well designed air tight ventilation systems that meant it didn't need any heating.

Winter comes round and everyone is freezing and their lawyer dad's are threatening us so every student is bought an electric radiator to plug in in their rooms.

Humanity fucks everything up

I also burn coal for heating.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I have no desire to open any windows or doors. Its why I bought 8metres worth of bifold doors and related steel structure to support their aperture. Just do well thought out joined up building people.

But how do you get out?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol.

Not sure what sunburned part of your body you're displaying there, hope it's not a macro shot of your bellend

I'm guessing lower back on the grounds I think I can make out a proto-arsecrack.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

In the same way Koreans have fan death is 99 going to bring hermetically sealed house death into the general consciousness?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm arguing with some goons elsewhere about the quality of my fish and chips so google image searched my own photos for things it considers food to find some examples of my great culinary skills.

Dunno where to go now with this.

In the lounge... sorry great room, gettign ready doing airtightness stuff because I haven't braved trying to get plasterboard up into the ceiling yet

loft is all ready with last hatch in

this was dogshit. It defeated me and I walked off in a huff in disgust.

My brother finished it for me because I would have broken things.

Bodged. Doesn't work. Flawed design. Nothing to do with me.

Heres all the heatpump bits I got the other day...

Hmmm.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you need to connect them up if you want it to work.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I refuse to believe that this house is going to end up looking anything like the plans.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Reporting that house for gimply writhing on the floor

That house in Somerset?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

That roof is nice.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

]
Laid out some tile/stone samples on the floor to see how the thousands of pounds of floor might look?

I'd probably lay them closer together.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Every time 99 shows a picture of anything my immediate thought is "I wonder if that needs to be that complicated."

I presume the answer is always no.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Like some sort of cultist mass suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Salisbury Snape posted:

The bad thread ruined the best thread