Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They turn up and do the whacking test.

I'm not one to complain. But we're after 100kN on most piles and 150 on three of the corner ones.

First pile tested comes out at 650kN.

Riiiight. So could I have just done some normal foundations and we'd be fine? Lots of people sucking their teeth, well mate, who knows... Brilliant.

My brother and I, mainly to upset ourselves calculate how many fully laden jumbo jet 747s we could park on our house. And frankly its more jumbo jets than anyone should ever need to park on their house.

Its important to stay calm.
lmao

im learning a lot and this thread is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i bought a house, its year old. one of the things I would have done is at least run some Ethernet to each of the rooms and terminated it in the basement.

it was nice not having to make a million decisions tho. i know myself well enough that it would have resulted in indecisive lockup

kudos to you for going for it! keep posting. love the layout!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

connectors is just pins

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think I've exaggerated my door price. Like that thing where you are annoyed and every time you mention it you add 500 quid. So I think the pair, front and back door were 3.5 k for the pair. Completely reasonable.

But no warranty. Because I had them not deliver them fully put together.

Anyway heres my new heating plan. Its already wrong and incomplete but roughly accurate.

So heres normal operation

Heat pump is on, delivering heat to standard hot water tank, for provision of hot water to whatever taps. This is pressurised so probably gonna need a plumber to do it. Hot water delivered at mains pressure, as required by my shower/bath mixer units already installed.

Then house brain says OH NO, need heating in house (never happen cos of all my insulation and sellotaping up) so deliver heat to UFH instead

Also we might be in a situation where either hot water system says oh no I need hot water, or someone has already lit a fire in the woodburner. Here that system will take preference in supplying heat as its essentially free.

Or maybe not the hot water, the heating system. This is probably more likely? A winter situation.

Plus we have the reverse summer situation where its too hot in the house so we can run the heat pump in reverse and pump cold water round the underfloor "heating" to provide cooling.

The option I havent demonstrated here but which I do think is doable will be in situations like the below where my smart meter is telling me that actually the power grid is overloaded and wants to pay me to take energy!

See that overnight? Having that regardless of my needs. Now I can already pump that into hot water tank. But I fancy having the ability to steal that paid for energy overnight into my heat store so I can redeploy it into underfloor heating later on. issue is I need a pump and where to place it so it always works, might need a decoupler somewhere to prevent pumps loving each other over. Also not sure the perfect three way valves exist.
sorry can't zoom in close enough to tell but are these designs for a thorium reactor?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i live with a big plant room as my basement

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

now _thats_ a plant room

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I am not having a bidet. Had a bidet for years. Never used it.

My parents built a house and put in a bidet in... 1993/4. It has yet to be used.

sounds like a skill issue. use the bidet, get in the habit of washing your butt everytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it's nice to see it come together, but this is the kind of project i could see making someone have a mental breakdown. just the amount of boxes and cleanup poo poo i got a glimpse of you'll have to do _after_ all the actual bullshit critical thinking problem solving fuckery makes me want to take a nap instead