Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Do not post the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Fidelitious posted:

Why does everything over there seem like it's done by some guy in a shed manually reading orders off his vintage CRT monitor and then fulfilling by digging through a box of random products to find the order?

Not that phoning up to confirm is bad but just send the thing in the order for god's sake.

I've seen it theorised that every decent builder and builder-adjacent person in the UK is working on big projects like road construction or skyscrapers, and everyone that's left to work on projects for the average citizen are the people who couldn't get hired on those projects or got fired from those projects, and in all cases would rather be working on those projects rather than renovating your bedroom or whatever. As a result you get treated as an afterthought and exception that lies outside of normal operating procedures.

I've never worked in that kind of industry so I've no idea how accurate that theory is though.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I've no idea how I'd even identify a turnkey house if I saw one, unless I was somehow an expert in every aspect of housebuilding (no). Even an outwardly nice-looking house could have bad electrics, or damp issues, or any number of covered-up problems.

Even surveyors don't seem trustworthy, and lol at the idea of spending £1500+ on a full survey on a house you might not even be allowed to buy.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Feels like ~the algorithm~ very much favours an extremely frequent production-line of ten-minute videos, though, hence the proliferation of plagiarised and generated videos.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

One router per lightbulb in the house. It's the only way to be sure.