Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

There was a young man with some bricks
Who priced them to sell pretty quick
This masonry deal
Soon lost its appeal
As if Ebay's clear rules were a trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

The man came today with a truck
And a trailer, a wife, and young buck
My envy arose
So I turned up my nose
And internally sneered "go get hosed"

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

A trick you can do for the conduit pull string (rather than relying on gravity) is to use a vacuum cleaner to suck the string through. If you have any particularly curvy runs or non gravity assisted sections maybe give it a try. If the vacuum won't pull the string by itself you can tie it around a scrap of thin plastic bag, sized to slip easily through the conduit.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But I will have moved to a better shpaed house by the time its an issue hopefully.

Maybe I'm too firm a believer in the sunk cost fallacy but holy poo poo I can't imagine selling a place I put this much work into.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Also might be time for a locking gas cap given the site history.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

All of us checking in on the thread:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I need to just ever so slightly notch the truss

I'm sure its fine

Dude, find another route for your conduit, like poke through the wall and go around. Or double up the plasterboard, or put spacers under the ceiling joists and lower it 15-25mm if you have to. You really shouldn't notch a truss.

Will you probably be fine? Sure. Have we seen worse things on the internet? Yup. Is it bad practice due to any number of potential consequences? Absolutely.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

it's sort of a joint effort

Nice :dadjoke:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

The problem I have with this cantilevered design:

I just bought a house with cantilevered sinks. I then learned that Amazon sells a variety of attachable and adjustable furniture legs that you can use to support the front of the loving things because even if it's solid when you install it, every rear end in a top hat that uses your bathroom is going to put their body weight on it at some point and it will not be solid in the near future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R6X41F9

Don't do it. Just put in a normal god drat cabinet. They're normal for a reason. Fads are fads for a reason.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

why is noone telling him his poo poo is going to fall off the wall?

why doesnt your poo poo fall off the wall?

Too late to warn him and he'll find out on his own.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Presumably because he has walls made out of brick and not some sort of plasterboard mousse.

Also this.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they'd be easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No other house could do this.

Another epic thread title.