Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
This thread has been hilarious - I love that you went all out with that break room and they never even used it lol.

Get well soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Maybe if you had kept the break room
Open the Latvians would have stayed!

Man I gotta tell you this is just the best bread but I don’t know how I could live (I mean this in jest) with knowing you spent so much more and so much effort for this foundation. It’s just so ridiculous

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Love love this thread

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Geez!!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What is it the UK thinks 100 miles is a long way and America thinks 100 years is a long time?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sorry to see this happening in real life, but love it for great thread content

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Absolutely love the tile story and getting a deal/bargain. And you probably helped relieve the sellers of a bunch of crap they wanted out of their hair anyways

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I was just too curious and had to check, but Amazon UK has many palm nailers available and https://bostitch.co.uk/products/tool-details/pn50-e/

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It just adds to the thread you keep doing what you do!! Love every update

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yeah man raise hell with the appropriate channel, if they were approved to install that is F’d…you made a break room for workers it’s not your fault

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Have you designated a break room area in the house for future maintenance workers? Maybe with a private bathroom and shower?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Gasmask posted:

Amazing to think about all the high velocity poo poo and piss jetting down that pipe. I guess it just waits until it detects enough S&P in the big tank and then pumps it all out, rather than pumping out every individual piss you do right? Does it also macerate?

If it doesn’t show a turd evacuation count I don’t even want to know anymore lame

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just forget all that and install the poo window

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If there was a poo inspection window IN the break room that would be great

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just need to know if the break room is structurally sound for when I visit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How do you know all these lines will work? Are they multiple systems / runs are all tied into the same place? Is the break room going to get heated floors?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Please tell me the problem was t the radiator all along…

I lol’d at the label maker

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
They told me to build a foundation
That could support our entire nation
So I got to work very soon
And built the guys their own break room
But alas my truck got too hot!
A new engine is my need so I thought
Well maybe I should have inquired
Because none of these things were required and now here we are, posting from afar
While my subscribers keep clicking a fiver

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The lack of break rooms in each wing disgusts me

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah sure. Keep summer 2026 free

I can come this summer if my break room requirements are met

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

withak posted:

Overdesigned piles on a small projects are very common because there are often practical minimums on elements like that that automatically give you more foundation than you may need.

Trying to economize can end up with you spending more on engineering effort than you save on construction.

My man did you see what he paid for this foundation? Lol. A few thousand bucks to an engineer and he’d been way ahead.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

goatface posted:

More wiring than my local telecoms cabinet.

Literally I’ve seen big subdivision boxes left open accident tally and they don’t run that much wire

GOONSPEED SIR

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Computer, load up Celery Man

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hear me out…ladies would probably dig like maybe a sunken tub with some gravel around it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have one small grab bar that has a removable shelf insert, added when I had bathroom Remodeled. The lead guy said it would be dumb not to add something like it with the wall down, added reinforcement behind it. Added nothing to the job cost except for the $50 part.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It is surprising to me they even sell Bud Light in the UK, or it’s readily available enough for your neighbor to just pick some up. Nothing to do with politics just thought it was an American focused product. Yes Budweiser is available and known all corners of the earth.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
At this point I’m not sure what the hell is happening. I came for the break room, I stayed for the replacing an engine because the radiator leaked, now I’m just waiting to see what happens

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Towards L shape architecture: where is the poo poo bush?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How did we go from a bespoke break room with snacks and drinks for the workers to they are now all crapping behind one particular bush for some reason

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
At this point it’s too late to ask about the pooping they’ve marked their territory

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol my nephew is going to his first halloween as a builder cos his uncle keeps going on about how bad and scary they are

Will he be making GBS threads in the bushes along the way?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Messadiah posted:

where else do you poo poo while trick or treating?

I mean I’d like to take a dump in the break room and have some snacks but that’s been taken away

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Impressive stuff love those huge opening doors/windows.

Though I feel at some point your smart house is going to lock you out in an emergency and it will you pooping in the bushes. Full circle.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The workers knew not to trust the pipes and thus pooped in the bushes? Or was it an ominous foretelling?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You have kept the house sealed up with all the new materials and plaster? I understand it may rain a lot there but my god man open some windows if you remember the complex secret code to do so.

Please get us a humidity reading in there. I have no idea what to do about pipes instead a fortune to have my whole house replied with modern stuff no clue how to do it.

Thread is a continual 5 out of 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thread: I went up there to turn the toilet on