Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

To be honest I wouldn't even need to suck it away, just get the roombas to poo poo through a hole in the floor.

I have central vac (it was already here). It's nice and it sucks real good, but I can't imagine it being worth the money with the quality of battery powered vacuums these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's worth it for the single reason that it vents outside and doesn't use filters.

Mine vents into a big canister in the basement and also is capable of using a filter (though I don't have one on there).

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

We had a painter doing the outside of our cottage who disappeared for over a year 'waiting for supplies'

My mother had a room partially redone last year and they did the entire job except the trim and the plates on the electrical outlets and then never returned. They weren't paid (and they didn't ask for anything up front), which you would think would motivate them to finish the the job. She spent like three months trying to get them to come back and then gave up and hired someone else to finish it. Other than one of their subcontractors calling her to pick up a nail gun he left behind, she still hasn't heard anything.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

If you try to cut a 2' long perfect miter you're going to end up having to hide the ugly mess anyway. If you butt joint it and then hide your crimes at least it will could be structurally sound.

Darkest Auer posted:

There is no loving way that sink frame will stay in place without something supporting it at the front. Also, why hide the plumbing and make it totally impossible to maintain?

If the back panel gets moved all the way to the back instead of having a gap it can be attached to the wall directly like a cabinet. I guess you could also do it with brackets designed for floating shelving or similar, though with walls made of spray foam blocks who knows.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

CancerCakes posted:

Mitre joints are also extremely weak, and gravity wants to push them out, so metal brackets will probably be required.

In all the tests I've seen well-executed mitre joints turn out to be a lot stronger than you'd expect, but they're also easy to gently caress up and if you gently caress them up you will ruin the strength.

Edit: Here's a good video about it.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 5, 2023