Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
How quickly Anya came around to the idea of Becky being her new mom was perfect. Private chef? Okay, seeya never, Yor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Also Yor is just the absolute best.

I love the speedrunning strats she took advantage of this episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ashterishk, tic-tac-toe, triangle, smiley old guy, steam, heart.

Even Loid wouldn't be able to crack this code!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I lost it at the close-up of Loid after Yor's display of strength. "Look at his beautiful round eyes!"

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Loid can effortlessly solicit, synthesize, and catalog massive reams of new data and play out dozens of scenarios as to how it could fit into the wider picture and his brain just stalled the gently caress out trying to make sense of that

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yor has the figure of a young housewife, she shouldn't, logically, be able to do that. And yet she did, so Loid is presented with a literal paradox and his brain is rebooting trying frantically to assimilate this new information.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Kwyndig posted:

Yor has the figure of a young housewife, she shouldn't, logically, be able to do that. And yet she did, so Loid is presented with a literal paradox and his brain is rebooting trying frantically to assimilate this new information.

Every woman Loid knows is some kind of busted, it’s just that Yor is busted more than most.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Preechr posted:

Every woman Loid knows is some kind of busted, it’s just that Yor is busted more than most.

Nightfall is very adept, but within Loid's understanding of the world since she exists in the same ballpark he does. Yor basically has superpowers, just not in the way Anya or Bond do

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Preechr posted:

Not just busted, but "poo poo she could kill me with little effort" busted.

And he's into that

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Preechr posted:

Nah. The woman he dated in episode 1 seemed pretty mundane. It's just that most women he's around now are insane.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

same, Becky, same

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Who says that? I really don't get rich kids.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Who says that? I really don't get rich kids.

I am pretty sure that 9 out of 10 kids have an urge to hit something with a hammer on a regular basis. That is why we give them plastic squeaky hammers

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Anya was the best character this episode. Just 20 minutes of mid-ground and background reaction shots.

Chef, chef, chef, Chef, CHEF, CHEF, CHEF!!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure that 9 out of 10 kids have an urge to hit something with a hammer on a regular basis. That is why we give them plastic squeaky hammers

The only difference between them and adults is that adults are supposed to control that urge.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bond is such a good dog.:qq:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I always make sure to wear my cap that says FIRE on it when I’m going to commit arson.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

The problem is, they’ve got us so hooked that we’d keep watching into the 2030s hoping these two dorks are gonna kiss. Yuri and Nightfall will probably kiss first!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Slightly confused, is this getting another cour? Everything I’ve read says sits a single cour but it had a preview. Is it jumping into another season soon or something?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Tabletops posted:

Slightly confused, is this getting another cour? Everything I’ve read says sits a single cour but it had a preview. Is it jumping into another season soon or something?

There's a movie, Code White, releasing in Japan. Seems like they're doing that plus a single cour this time.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Tabletops posted:

The rumor is season 3 will be in Fall 2024.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NOOOOOOO that's it on TV until next fall???

At least the rumor is next fall so I can hold off on the manga still.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shinjobi posted:

:hmmyes:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Shinjobi posted:

Love your good dog, Loid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He's such a good boy and Loid takes for granted how smart he is, I mean he understands at least a thousand words, which is way smarter than your typical dog who tops out around 200. He understands cause and effect and can even have aspirations and fantasies, he's basically a dog shaped person. In any other show this would break suspension of disbelief but Spy X Family is so outrageous that a hyper intelligence dog barely moves the meter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bond is a dog-shaped person, Yuri is a person-shaped dog.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ImpAtom posted:

Bond is a dog-shaped person, Yuri is a person-shaped dog.

All dogs are good dogs and thus Yuri doesn't qualify.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Kwyndig posted:

He's such a good boy and Loid takes for granted how smart he is, I mean he understands at least a thousand words, which is way smarter than your typical dog who tops out around 200. He understands cause and effect and can even have aspirations and fantasies, he's basically a dog shaped person. In any other show this would break suspension of disbelief but Spy X Family is so outrageous that a hyper intelligence dog barely moves the meter.

Having Bond have a VA who is just a guy who says “borf” is an amazing adaptational decision and should not be underestimated

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rand Brittain posted:

Yuri is a pound patrol dog.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Like the Paw Patrol he is a cop first and a dog second

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Tree Goat posted:

Having Bond have a VA who is just a guy who says “borf” is an amazing adaptational decision and should not be underestimated

That's just a Japan thing, actually. Pretty much every animal character is voiced by a person. See also Pokémon.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

David D. Davidson posted:

That's just a Japan thing, actually. Pretty much every animal character is voiced by a person. See also Pokémon.

So Bond is just a Psychic-type named "Borf"?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

No he is presently in his fully evolved form, Borboborf

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Borf is firmly in UU but Elegante Forme is OU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

David D. Davidson posted:

That's also an American thing where animals are voiced by either Frank Welker or Dee Bradley Baker.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

muscles like this! posted:

That's also an American thing where animals are voiced by either Frank Welker or Dee Bradley Baker.

Or Alan Tudyk, if it's under the Disney umbrella.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's a lot easier to get a human to make the right kind of tone than to get an animal to do it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kvantum posted:

Or Alan Tudyk, if it's under the Disney umbrella.

Alan Tudyk is delightful and I enjoy seeing him get work, even on stinkers like Wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
What's the deal with this English dub? It's terrible, right? I'm not alone on this? Thought I might rewatch the series from the beginning in English (or the first season, wherever they've made it up to by now) in English but I turned it off after an episode and a half. Absolutely no joy to it. I'm not entirely convinced it's not AI generated.