Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anya is cute as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thread needs a tag. What about ?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dangerous Person posted:

There is so much from this manga that I want to see animated

The first episode apparently got outstanding ratings when it aired in Japan in a graveyard slot so it'll probably happen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've seen way worse dubs of equally good shows.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a kitten posted:

Even among everything else that happened, somehow it was the noise the thug made after Yor kicked him down the alley that made me laugh the hardest

For me it was Anya offering Frankie a peanut.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

macabresca posted:

My favourite moment was when Lloyd showed up to the party. I'm not a big fan of romcoms but I watched enough to expect some kind of "he's too invested in his job so he skips the family reunions/dates/sth like that" kind of conflict. But nope, if Lloyd promises he'll go to the party with you, he will go to the party with you drat it. What a smooth mofo

And they nailed the grenade scene, oml

I appreciated how he didn't even try to clean off the blood from his face or anything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
English dub is real good y'all. Megan Shipman is perfect.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SgtSteel91 posted:

Do we know who's doing the EN voice for Yor yet? So far the VA for Lloyd, Anya, and Franky are spot on

Yes. It's Natalie Van Sistine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Apart from having the right voices for the characters in general, you can tell the English VAs are really into the material.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Loid will become genuinely smitten with Yor (and vice versa) because otherwise it wouldn't be much of a show, would it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_ posted:

How about the Thorn Princess having the last name of Briar?

Welp, my head just exploded.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Art imitates life.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Nothing terribly spoilery, more speculation based on her later behaviours, but it seems that Yor is starting to feel conflicted about her job, seems to want to get out, and as a result seems to assume the very best in others.

Having to take care of an aggressively adorable kid and pretend to be a bishounen dude's wife will do that to you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

She's not pretending. She really is Loid's legal wife. It's just that the marriage was conducted for secret motives on both sides.

And Loid's handsome, not pretty. Kind of eliminates bishounen as an appropriate description.

Being legally married and being actually in love with your spouse are two different things. Also I thought bishounen was the general term for good looking anime dudes, which includes Loid because look at him, the man's handsome af.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

derra posted:

Ikemen.

Arigato.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

bishonen = looks like sephiroth

I'm sure Loid could pull off the look since he is a master of disguise and all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How old is Twilight supposed to be, anyway? He looks like he's in his early 30s but he has all the world-weariness of George Smiley.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anya is so aggressively adorable. I want to give her a hug and buy her a giant bag of peanuts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raenir Salazar posted:

The true enemy of the Daleks have arrived.

I suppose the housemaster does look a bit like William Hartnell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kirtar posted:

That guy was basically reviewer 2 on steroids.

I understood this reference.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sindai posted:

If it wasn't for Kaguya it'd be clear AOTS, but instead they'll have to share the crown.

They'll have to face off for it. Literally. Heh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Something nobody's mentioned about the Loid and Yor fight is that Loid can't actually, y'know, fight back. If he actually went all out on Yor it would completely gently caress up his whole mission.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tsob posted:

I'd venture they don't mention it because it's poppycock. He's applied non-lethal techniques before, and there's no reason he couldn't fight back within reason in that situation, since the whole game is to beat whatevers thrown at him. He might not want to injure Yor for the sake of a game, but he fought plenty of people up to that point without injuring them.

Poppycock, eh? Well your post is bafflegab and flummery.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm seriously torn between binging the manga right now and waiting until the season ends. It's a very very hard decision.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lovin' the jazzy opening music this week, it's really got a Herbie Hancock thing going.

EDIT: Ow, this ep hit might right in the feelings.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 22, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eyre Kneed posted:

Usually emotionally distant, rich ikemen.

Like Eisenhower?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If John le Carre wrote a sitcom it would probably be pretty close to this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm

Is Anya representative of autism or ADHD or some other neurodivergence

No. She's a very young child.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Honestly the term "neurodivergent" sets my loving teeth on edge. And I am someone who fits that label.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Doodles posted:

All I have to say about the recent episode is *Jerry Lewis voice on* :gary: "HELLO, NICE LOIDY!!!!"

No. Bad. No peanuts for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

I liked that one Bleach movie where Ichigo gets a gf but then she dies and nobody ever talks about her again, then in the actual main series Rukia and Renji go on to have a kid who has like 1:1 the exact same visual design as the dead gf. idk what Kubo meant by that but it's funny.

That's our Bleach! *audience laughter*