Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah wow Loid's voice is a bit deep I think. Anya's voice is pretty good though- it's not like there's a really deep bench of talent for dub actors who can do the voices of very young kids. Gonna be a tough dub script I think even going from the manga translation because Anya does that little kid thing where she mispronounces words a bunch, and now you gotta do lip syncing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TwoPair posted:

I heard "peanuts" in there, I'm curious to know if it's actually a whole song about the show instead of just only kinda relevant J-pop like a lot of OPs
The name of the song is "Mixed Nuts", I think there's a translation of the lyrics around somewhere.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Anya is gonna take over the world.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Tunicate posted:

Loid replaces goku's heart medication with delicious jellybeans
Goku would do that on his own tbh

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder how long (in universe) the series will go for the main part of its serialization. Anya being 1-2 years younger than her classmates this early on is pretty huge, but as they get further into grade school Anya will catch up very very fast if she's actually reasonably gifted.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TwoPair posted:

Well, Twilight's Handler seems to think it'll only take 4 months. Which is pretty naive, but as we've seen with Twilight, all these spies seem to think of kids as tiny adults who can really climb the academic ladder fast given the right training instead of... y'know, kids.

I'm sure it'll go past that but eventually WISE is gonna start putting the pressure on and go "okay Twilight time's a wastin' that loving kid of yours better start getting some stars"
Yeah I feel like it's a bit ridiculous to expect anyone to get all those stella in a single semester. Given the series' success I'd selfishly be happy if it turned out Desmond was just setting up part of some long-game scenario that extends the scope of the mission so we can see the kids grow up a bit.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yuri isn't a typical siscon that wants to make out with his sister. He just thinks nobody is good enough for her, and perfect cover Midnight actually kinda seems like a guy who is good enough for her so he melts down extra hard. He is one of the weakest characters though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Loid being awkward with Yor where he has never had a problem faking relationships with women before always came off to me as a mixture of him actually growing to like her but also as him being uncomfortable with really putting the moves on someone who is at least partially in on the act.

Arguably the other fake relationships were more cruel/exploitative since the women had no idea, but I could get being fairly uncomfortable with having to really put the moves on someone who is knowingly in a "fake" relationship with you and is not another spy who is used to it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If I understood correctly both studios worked on the first cour in different places.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/findoland/status/1564326479550451713?t=fVYoFe_n2uaBDpC9NNwHIA&s=19

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bump of Chicken is a great band to get but man, nothing's gonna top that first OP for fitting the series.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's a pretty typical second op where they skip the stylization for easier to storyboard on model stuff (even if it's very well animated).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The song is really good too and fits the imagery/vibe well. It doesn't blow your socks off like mixed nuts did but that's a tough act to follow.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new ED is really good too but Anya seems inordinately huge in the final shot when she goes to bed because she normally should be shorter than the door knob and she isn't.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm trying to remember what real-life dish Yor's actual good product is- or rather where it's from. Basically it's supposed to be a dead giveaway of what our-world country Yor is from since this story takes place in the Strangereal universe.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Anya being a year or two younger than her classmates but being fairly gifted for her age would likely result in her very rapidly catching up to her classmates as she hits the appropriate age to learn the material she's on.

I dunno how long the series plans to go in-world though- the mission is framed as being a short term, year or two thing but given the insane popularity of the series I could see it getting extended. I don't think you could do a big time skip though because part of what makes the whole dynamic work is Anya being a baby basically; Anya at middle-school/high-school age would really change how it all works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1679431429648965632?s=20