Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sydin posted:

I was spoiled on smug Anya but regardless the anime didn't disappoint. :allears:

If I've got one nitpicky complaint, it's that Anya is now firmly in school and doing her mind reading shenanigans, and Loid's constantly getting new spy poo poo to do, but Yor's not gotten any assassinations. Yeah she does cool poo poo every episode and her interactions with Anya are adorable but like, the whole reason she agreed to this arrangement was so she could have a cover for her job as an assassin but we haven't seen her do that since her intro. I really hope this is just a temporary lull and not some "now that she's a main character she can't kill anybody" bs.

It takes a while before you get a lot of assassination stuff for Yor but she does get basically one of the longest arcs in the manga dedicated almost exclusively to her so it isn't forgotten either. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that no, Yor has not suddenly stopped the murders.

I imagine part of it is that it's a bit easier to make funny jokes out of spy stuff and mind reading than it is violent assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sephyr posted:

Yor repeatedly coming home soaked in murderblood and bringing gifts to her brother, and him STILL being clueless, is just priceless.

It's not blood, it's victory wine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yor I'm discovering must emit some kind of Doctor Who-esque perception filter; because this episode confirms that yes, Loylyd can indeed Sherlock scan and deduce from a single conversation a bro's entire life story but still has no clue about Yor other than "pretty girl go brr".

I've basically always read it that Yor being so utterly genuine in her dumbness throws it off. Loid can read someone trying to lie or hide things like a book because he recognizes signs of deception and falsehoods. Yor on the other hand is extremely extremely genuine to the point where Loid has no reason to actually suspect her because she isn't acting. She just happens to be an assassin in addition to an adorable drunk dumbass.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mama and Papa are flirting

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Every option they could have used for Bill's voice would have been good, but they definitely picked the best one

The only better option would have been Wakamoto

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bill Watkins (6) may be my favorite joke in anime period. I just absolutely died the first time I read it. I can't explain why but just is so out of left field that it gets me every time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Except a sniper but that depends on what mission you're going on and the bond level that you have with each.

Yor would eat Quiet for breakfast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Annointed posted:

I'll be honest my parents would be screaming if they saw me with that many F's. Glad Loid is better than that.

To be fair Anya is A) Six and B) Was living in an orphanage until like a month ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I wonder if the mangaka regrets making Yor an assassin

All I can say is based on later arcs absolutely not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Talorat posted:

Yall are a bunch of bleeding hearts, putting costumes on your pets that they hate is one of the top reasons to have a pet. We make it up to them with endless love and tolerance for them making GBS threads on the floor.

Somehow I have had many pets and never felt the need to make them miserable for my amusement

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why do people feel the need to have romance introduced into this mission based spy story? Their allegiances just lie with their jobs and countries and they don't think about those things past the point of keeping their facade. Anything past that is unfounded speculation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am pretty sure the scene where Loid almost punched someone for insulting his family is a pretty clear indication he loves them, he is just not aware of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Who says that? I really don't get rich kids.

I am pretty sure that 9 out of 10 kids have an urge to hit something with a hammer on a regular basis. That is why we give them plastic squeaky hammers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bond is a dog-shaped person, Yuri is a person-shaped dog.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

All dogs are good dogs and thus Yuri doesn't qualify.

Like the Paw Patrol he is a cop first and a dog second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's a lot easier to get a human to make the right kind of tone than to get an animal to do it.