Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

muscles like this! posted:

Yor's assassin job is not government sanctioned because otherwise she wouldn't be worried about being arrested for being suspicious.

I'm not sure that's actually been confirmed one way or the other, in the context of the episode it seems a lot more like Yor was concerned getting arrested would a) blow her cover and draw suspicion to her and b) (and to her more importantly) worry her younger brother and keep him from going on to take his promotion. I never got the sense she was worried about actually getting arrested and put away.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Hogama posted:

An amusing thing about Loid is he could be straight out of a josei story, had this been set primarily from Yor's perspective - he's an attractive, mysterious guy who sweeps into a nearly 30-year old office worker's life and brings marriage, cooking skills, and a cute little daughter into the mix.

Are most Josei leads hypercompetent government assassins? Asking for a friend.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I appreciate that the terrorist functionally got dumpstered by the entire Forger family.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The "They Are Whispering" popup killed me as dead as Yor's cooking.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry, popped into my head when I saw this episode.

Very much the same energy.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

TwoPair posted:

Why would you make a dog wear an Anya costume instead of getting them a bowtie and putting an Anya doll on their back like Bond?

Because you made a bad decision.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Amstrad posted:

By definition doesn't that make her only as smart as the smartest around?

Except on a new moon. And only if she understands what the smartest person is thinking.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

101 posted:

Bond and ???

Daybreak.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

There Bias Two posted:

Well do they end up playing tennis or not?!

No, they talk about clubs for a while, the Pink magical girl is told she can't have a "hang around playing with cats" club, everyone gets together to set up the school's cultural festival, then poo poo suddenly gets super serious and they have to figure out how to summon a demon to save the day.

Machikado Mazoku is REALLY good.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

tsob posted:

Have we ever even see her do anything as a kid before she started doing assassination work?

It's not really clear when exactly she became an assassin now that I think about it. We know she was strong enough to break Yuri's ribs when he was a child, but the series hasn't AFAICR confirmed if that was before or after she started working her main job.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It's been speculated for a while now that the mystery secret military project Twilight is supposed to get information on was whatever project produced Anya since that (plus one or two later things) would work to tie the various character stories together when poo poo starts to go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rody One Half posted:

Loid aside, as far as the Mom part of things goes, it took Yor like 3 chapters TOPs to go "oh, this is mine, I should kill everything that comes near it" in regards to Anya.

To be fair the hard part wasn't the "kill everything that comes near it" bit.