Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Yeah not much of a spoiler but the setting's pretty loosey goosey with the West/East Germany inspiration when it comes to politics and government - so far in the manga there hasn't been much to show an ideological difference between the two countries. Ostania is Anime East Germany "vibes"-wise, and its secret police is very much Anime Stasi, but is otherwise kinda nondescript authoritarian and militaristic, albeit undergoing mild reforms at the time of the story. It's got influential far-right parties, entrenched old money families and a revanchist streak against its neighbor, so it's kind of its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
OP has some of the best visuals I've ever seen, but the song doesn't really do anything for me. ED is perfect through and through.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
iirc the author's been on record saying that Yor is stronger than Loid combat-wise, and it's not even close. The manga does eventually deliver an arc that basically amounts to the writer furiously underlining "NOT EVEN CLOSE" over and over in red marker, but the manga did suffer from Yor being rather under-utilized up to that point, and I hope the adaptation gives her a bit more to do. I suppose one of the reasons for it is general opinion dictating that a protagonist shown constantly killing people becomes less sympathetic, which requires Yor to dispose of bad guys in non-lethal manners, which isn't uninteresting by itself, but we've already seen Twilight doing it since episode 1, so it's hard for her to stand out in comparison.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
there hasn't been enough focus on raccoon Anya imo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Blood is good. You need blood to live. If Yor comes home from work with some extra blood in her (or on her, same thing) that's just a perk of a clearly health-conscious work environment.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like that Yuri not only believes Loid can stop a meteor, but doubts that can could actually stop one himself. I mean he's incredibly drunk, but still.

The manga translated it as "a bullet or a nuke" but yeah, same effect. The Briar family seems to be very no thoughts head empty when in their off time.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Bill's voice acting and how they went all in on the animation for this episode made a great chapter of the manga even better.

I'm getting real curious about how they are going to end this season though, this first part is 12 episodes right?
If the next episode is (manga spoilers)Anya getting a stella then Bond would be next, but one episode (or one and half if they cover both the stella and start of Bond's arc next week) doesn't seem like enough. Do they maybe split the Bond episodes up between seasons and end episode 12 on a cliffhanger?

If I had to guess I'd say this cour ends with aquarium fun time, and next one adds Bond pretty early on so they can put him in the new opening/ED

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

I like that "eaten by a dog" was Yor's first conclusion

It's such a silly place for her mind to go to, since we all know it's far more likely that a tiny dog slit her throat with a knife.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Yeah it was brought up a while ago, but I'm guessing that Yor doesn't get much to do because showing a lead character routinely merking people (many of whom, for all we know, might have just got on the wrong side of the Ostanian deep state) might eventually make her less sympathetic. This does have the side effect that the only thing Yor is "allowed" to do in the meantime is to Punch Really Hard, which is great to watch but doesn't do a great job at making her stand out, since Loid can Punch Okay and also does a shitload of crazy stunts. We'll eventually get a very good Yor-centric arc, but as mentioned before that'd be next season at the earliest unless they skip a ton of content.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 10, 2022

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Oh woops oh, I dropped my monster photo I took of my magnum dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
If the family goes on a cruise vacation then Yor fans will be eating extremely well this season.