Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I love the implication that Yor didn't stop drinking until she passed out.

Very good episode, and if Anya's face at the end is any indication, next episode is also going to be excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I don't really have anything to add, it was a really good episode. I always like it when Anya pipes in with "mama and papa are flirting," it's very good.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Blood is good. You need blood to live. If Yor comes home from work with some extra blood in her (or on her, same thing) that's just a perk of a clearly health-conscious work environment.

:hmmyes:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lethemonster posted:

He is, also, a big himbo outside of his spy persona. He wants to kiss his wife and doesnt want to admit it to himself. The less he assesses her, the less he goes near those feelings. I bet he has never had a relationship outside of fake spy ones.

Kiss your dangerous wife, loid.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I still love it when Yor casually does superhuman poo poo, like when she jumped into the rafters, or caused that one dude to bounce off the alley walls several times.

And Anya is, as always, a perfect precious creature. Liking the doggo too.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Raenir Salazar posted:

I love how the Dog who can see the future doesn't see the consequences of his actions! :haw:

My understanding is that Bond can see the future, but doesn't actually understand what's happening most of the time, so yeah, perfectly consistent. That said, this

Kwyndig posted:

No matter how intelligent he is, Bond is still a dog with dog instincts. Perfectly normal for dogs to experience jealousy, my parents dogs do that all the time.

is also extremely true.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

tsob posted:

To be fair to everyone else, Handler has told Fiona not to try to do so because it'd make the mission more difficult and Loid has repeatedly tried to push her out of doing things that'd make them seem like a couple because it'd make his undercover life more awkward as well as because while he still thinks of Yor as normal, he also knows she's incredibly strong and would gently caress Fiona up so she's treading dangerous ground by trying to engage with her as a rival. Fiona is deliberately ignoring all advice and indicators that what she's doing is a bad idea.

It's definitely a bad idea, but for very different reasons than attempting to break up an ordinary marriage.

I really loved how they had two episodes dedicated to Nightfall being great at tennis, then she got immediately blown out by Yor being casually superhuman again. Incredible work, incredible animation, just a fantastic sequence of events all around.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah that's been brought up before, I hope the competitive environment follows anime rules and it actually leads to her getting a lot better soon; because long term I imagine Damian is on track to become a Imperial Scholar and the gap in their respective social standings can only further widen.

Ideally somehow by some convoluted and hilarious set of circumstances Damian ends up tutoring Anya which helps her catch up and also gives himself more of an edge because nothing better hones your knowledge of the subject material than trying to teach it to someone else.

I'm not really opposed to her barely scraping by in school and mostly getting her stellas through outside events like how she got the first one. It feels more appropriate to how the story has mostly gone so far, and doesn't involve her suddenly growing intellect beyond her age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Preechr posted:

Every woman Loid knows is some kind of busted, it’s just that Yor is busted more than most.

Nightfall is very adept, but within Loid's understanding of the world since she exists in the same ballpark he does. Yor basically has superpowers, just not in the way Anya or Bond do