Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Bill's voice acting and how they went all in on the animation for this episode made a great chapter of the manga even better.

I'm getting real curious about how they are going to end this season though, this first part is 12 episodes right?
If the next episode is (manga spoilers)Anya getting a stella then Bond would be next, but one episode (or one and half if they cover both the stella and start of Bond's arc next week) doesn't seem like enough. Do they maybe split the Bond episodes up between seasons and end episode 12 on a cliffhanger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
New OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIJOJsUkUg

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm a big fan of all the autumn vibes.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Keith's reaction to the 60 year old foreign minister's athletics was great.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Darth Walrus posted:

She also dealt with that bomb in a simple and sensible way.
To be fair she only did that because the bomb only had black wires and there were no scissors there, otherwise she was all set to copy what they do in her cartoon.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Saoshyant posted:

Yor's character would work a lot better if we understood her motives. She wants to be a good mom because that was the role she had with her brother as orphans, okay. She wanted to marry someone to keep her assassin job going uninterrupted... but why exactly? She's been a good assassin over the years but that shouldn't be the sole reason to keep doing it now as an adult. It's not a matter of raising money for her brother anymore and she isn't concerned about politics either. "I've always done it" is a pretty piss poor motive.
This is covered in Yor’s first proper arc, but the anime won’t be getting there this season.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
kiss your wife, loid
kiss loid's wife, fiona
https://twitter.com/1_tttnaka/status/1596488990286577665

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Yor put all her points into strength, Loid and Fiona put them all in dexterity.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
there's a whole lotta words in that video but not a borf to be heard

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Trailer for the next arc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75LyKY6AV4U

Could be spoilers if you're anime only and want to go in blind I guess?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The whole firework sequence was great but the part with the assassins introducing themselves but then it immediately cuts to them lying dead on the ground before they could even finish saying what their speciality weapon is was hilarious.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I completely forgot that:
a) Becky had a Forger family photo
and b) how she got it

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I always make sure to wear my cap that says FIRE on it when I’m going to commit arson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Saw the movie last night and enjoyed it, but you really have to suspend your disbelief or it kinda portrays Yor as an idiot for just blindly accepting things like Loid breaking into a plane to listen to the military radio and find out where Anya is (I know it's a running joke in the series that both of them are too dumb or so far removed from normal life that they don't notice things that are obviously weird about the other, but it felt stretched particularly far this time).
It also felt a bit contrived that the army brought along a random robot man on their airship that was kind of unrelated to the rest of the plot just so Yor had something to do (unless the microfilm were the plans for creating more robots and I missed that).

Thinking about it, it was kind of odd too that Loid allowed everyone that was in the control room to evacuate even though they saw his civilian face and know he's a master of disguise when this could get back to the secret police if they ever interrogated/interviewed the airship people