Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, that short at the end where Bond maimed Penguin-san was adorable! I loved it even more than the episode, and that's saying something, since the episode was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

What volume of the manga did this season end at? I want to catch up for the movie/next season.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Bond deserves to eat like a king that night. Not because he narrowly escaped Yor's cooking and not because he helped Loid, just because he's a good boy and deserves the best.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm glad it seems like, in the boat arc, Anya's going to be helping save Yor. It's always been the other way around or, at best, the moment when she intimidates the poisoner/bomber to let his revenge go. I need something more concrete! I haven't read the manga or spoiled myself in any way, btw.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Actually, I was having this discussion with my husband in the car yesterday: Yor has admitted in her head that maybe she could stop being an assassin and live a real life, Anya included. That proves she almost feels like a mom. Loid, on the other hand, always equates Anya to Operation Stryx. He still hasn’t really accepted his role as dad for real.

I’m hoping a break in that is coming at some point in the future.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I lost it at the close-up of Loid after Yor's display of strength. "Look at his beautiful round eyes!"

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm going in a Mexican theatre because the collectible popcorn tins are gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I know this has probably already been discussed to death, so pardon my addition to the conversation, but by accident, I saw the movie dubbed instead of subbed (in English).

Boy howdy, that's a different feel. Some characters, like Frankie, Fiona, Yuri, Damien and his goons, and Becky are smack dab right. It took me awhile to get used to Yor, but her hyper voice and Thorn Princess voice were perfect. I kinda disagree with Loid's voice being too old; his was one of my favorites. Kinda sounds like auditory chocolate for how smooth it is, which is great for a charismatic spy.

But Anya... holy poo poo, she sounds like a grown woman imitating a slurry gremlin. I don't understand Japanese well enough to pick up bad pronunciation, but she does it in the subtitles in the English sub and in the manga, so I assume the Japanese VA is doing it too. But still... to a philistine like me, in Japanese she sounds cute and like a kid. I didn't like English Anya VA and couldn't understand some of the lines she said because they had that heavy affectation (although, oddly enough, I could understand her animated writing, lol).

Tldr: don't watch the English dub if you like the sub.