Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the artstyle shifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let's be real here who wouldn't fall in love after witnessing someone kick a guy halfway across the world?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lagidnam posted:

Official video for the ED, I like that one even more than the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKJBpFFsuI

Yeah this owns

Also cute episode today, but really looking forward to next week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ragnar34 posted:

Going to a bunch of high class traditional art stuff without understanding or caring about the art itself, just to keep up appearances and get into the mindset of being a rich gently caress, is the very essence of the rich gently caress mindset.

Did you see how Yor was looking at that guillotine painting? I would say she understands and cares about the arts a lot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The tour of the apartment is anime original and very much appreciated. I don't think we've seen any of the Forger's rooms in the manga. Which may not be a big deal, but it's a nice detail to have.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Carlosologist posted:

E
L
E
G
A
N
T

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Huh thought those were just really long bangs this whole time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Really want that insert song.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The ED has a music video with english subs, the lyrics fit pretty well with the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Oyplmhhv0

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I want to know what the lyrics for the opening are so I can understand why it ends with a picture of a stomach.

The OP also has a music video with english subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbH2F0kXgTY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SirKibbles posted:

Intelligence is Yor's dump stat so she can kick real hard.

Yor is the Kick Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWMuAIMovE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That punch had so much power behind it it's everything I've wanted from this anime.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hopefully they adapt the bonus material too and we get the one where Yor has to nurse a gunshot wound to the rear end she got on a job while on a date with Loid.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like that Yuri not only believes Loid can stop a meteor, but doubts that can could actually stop one himself. I mean he's incredibly drunk, but still.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WISE is just like any company where you show just a tiny bit of competence and they suddenly start expecting you to move mountains and Twilight is like the most competent person in the world.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Every anime canon movie so far has been redone in their respective anime. And if that's the case going forward I rather they just make wacky questionably canon movie like MHA.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What if movie where Anya, Loid, and Yor are a for real family, but they have to keep it secret from everyone else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DrakePegasus posted:

The dub episodes are a week behind, so we just now got to hear Yuri’s VA shine. He’s hilarious and unsettling at the same time, I highly approve.

Who voices him, because I can only hear him as Todd Haberkorn.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I like that Loid saw his wife throw a fork at mach speed into the wall, before literally slapping her grown man brother across the room twice, and then thought "there's absolutely nothing suspicious about her, just her brother."

"Is this normal in the Briar family?"

TwoPair posted:

Dallas Reid, probably (unfortunately) most well known nowadays for voicing Asta in Black Clover. He does a good job as Yuri though and only screams a little bit :v:

Funnily enough this guy is the only reason a friend can get through Black Clover and actually kinda likes it since Asta has a voice they can tolerate now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Loid just keeps giving Anya crossword puzzles and she keeps finishing them everytime so he has no reason to doubt her intelligence.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bill Watkins (6)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

The only better option would have been Wakamoto

They should have had him voice his dad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the amount of work that went into animating this joke.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the Manga manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is nothing more powerful than a dog holding a knife their mouth.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The animation this episode felt kinda satisfying to watch, but I'm not sure why or at least I can't put it in words.

Also trailer for Cour 2 airing in October

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMVROL47fw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

Episode was cute as heck but was this based on an Omake chapter? Feels disconnected from the plot and more like sort of like a pilot for a tv show, or a manga proof of concept one shot, for that matter.

Also

Yeah two of them to be exact.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the coloring a whole lot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah it's a different studio so they'll probably get new Op and Ed songs and do animations for them. I'm looking forward to it actually.

Wait are you saying a different studio is handling the anime now or just the OP and ED?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just got confused.

Thought the anime switched hands completely.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:shittydog:

Also hell yeah Bump of Chicken

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't stop listening to the new OP

Bump of Chicken has the full song up on their channel and spotify btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBnfKPbixs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Borf going in a complete circle while Anya is hyping herself up is so good. :lol:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

Handler don't mess about. :stare:

Handler's speech is definitely one of my favorite bits from the series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Operation Griffin is one favorite my chapters from the manga and the anike did it so well.

Love that Anya's delusions are starting to get more insane.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

One thing I like is the little sparkles around Anya that act as a visual shorthand for her powers going off. Does the manga do something similar?

Yeah, but it's easy to miss. I think the audio cue the anime adds helps a lot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The best character's legend has begun.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It is kind of incredible Anya saw a vision of her cool spy dad die and came face to face with an actual bomb and only came out of that with a slight traumatization of not being able to read a clock properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"This is Daybreak" he announces out loud to a room full of people.