Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Raenir Salazar posted:

Loyld I think must be genuinely smitten because episode 1 established him as being ultra observant and paranoid and quick to suspect people after sherlock scanning them but Yor despite his initial confusion at their first meeting doesn't seem to be setting off any alarm bells despite clearly doing or acting in ways that should be suspicious? My interpretation then is Loyld is maybe actually in love and this is making him a tad blind. While Yor is established already as being a bit of a scatterbrained blunt instrument and it makes sense for her to not pick up on the ways Loyld isn't as he seems.

The fake country names were a little confusing but to be clear, Loyld is an agent from the "West" while Yor is an assassin working for Anime Not!East Germany?

Yor just does jobs for her handler. They may or may not be working for a government. We don't know yet.

I've only read up in the manga to the arrival of the fortelling dog, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lloyd or Yor end up getting jobs that target each other at some point and Anya needs to somehow navigate those choppy waters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/7Hanekawa/status/1516084482259894278?s=20&t=R_LpiTNnwSWOvH2aH3MMVg

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Heh
https://twitter.com/gongha1020/status/1516359989845454848

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

lagidnam posted:

Official video for the ED, I like that one even more than the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKJBpFFsuI

I like how Anya is the MC and in center frame for almost the entirety of the OP and ED.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is Anya a Chimera? I notice her doll has those same horn things she’s always wearing.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Man, this was way better than the manga were she just... got in.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Loyd's plan B was a spectacular success, he just doesn't know it yet.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

My god this was a well animated episode.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I feel like the series has mostly forgotten that Yor is a hitwoman and not just a strong girl. I wish we saw more of her work and had opportunties for her and Loid to interact while "on the job" unknowingly.

I get why you don't really want to do that to some extent. Having her out killing potentially innocent people kinda undermines how likable she could be, but it's also not taking her character premise seriously.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

You know, Anya gets a lot of flak in universe for getting bad grades, but it occurs to me that she did pretend to be older than she actually was in order to get adopted by Loid. She's really not doing very bad for someone who's attending classes at a prestigious school for the gifted 1-2 years above her grade.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Honestly after seeing some fanart of Anya and Damian being older I really hope it does the Boy Meets World thing of us following along their family antics over the years. Make it like a long running soap opera sort of deal.

It doesn't really require much imagination since the author's previous work, "Witch Craze" has a doppleganger for Anya as a teen as the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

She apparently doesn't sit close to any smart kids and her telepathy is pretty short range.

I'm pretty sure she's read Damien's mind despite them sitting nearly as far apart as possible in the class.