Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Turns out the show is pretty popular in Japan with the first two episodes averaging almost 7 million viewers.

The manga is a Shonen Jump megahit, so that's not particularly surprising, but still nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, there's one or two panels in the manga that show that she's got little buns of hair under there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That said, Yor is routinely depicted as having a narrower but far more extreme skillset than Loid. He's simply very good at everything to do with spycraft (which is an impressively broad field), whereas she's a completely unstoppable juggernaut.

As a comparison, imagine that they were both asked to eliminate a terrorist headquarters. Loid would spend a week or so mapping out patrol routes, gathering building blueprints, and memorising the names, faces, and mannerisms of every person in the organisation. He'd then infiltrate the headquarters and meticulously dismantle his opponents through stealth, sabotage, disguise-work, and precisely applied violence.

Yor, meanwhile, would just burst through the front door and kill anything that moves like a goddamned Dynasty Warriors character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's not Yor's cooking because there is a family-wide agreement that Yor does not and should not cook except in the direst emergencies. It's a stress-induced stomach ulcer because he's the most all-around competent person in WISE, so he gets asked to help out with absofuckinglutely everything.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just got confused.

Thought the anime switched hands completely.

Yeah, it's just that it's always been a co-production in order to ensure quality, on-time delivery for a high-value product. Many hands make light work, and all that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, I really think we need to talk about Yor asserting herself as the apex predator:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
She also dealt with that bomb in a simple and sensible way.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

She probably can, I just assume kicking it from the side made it easier to look like an accident

I don't think she cares about such things. Dodging then kicking it from the side is probably just the most efficient way to knock a car trying to ram you off the road, if you're superhuman enough to accomplish such things.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pointlessone posted:

Cuddle your daughter, Yor

Find some way to express your affection for your daughter that won't send her to hospital with a collapsed ribcage, Yor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, they're basically stilettos in the shape of sewing needles (which are usually plastic and blunt).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I had thought about that too but if he was a psychic, I feel like Loid would not have been able to leave that meeting alive (or at least, without being captured)

We've seen from Anya and Bond that there are multiple ways for psychic powers to manifest. He might have a toolkit that's less useful for detecting spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why do people feel the need to have romance introduced into this mission based spy story? Their allegiances just lie with their jobs and countries and they don't think about those things past the point of keeping their facade. Anything past that is unfounded speculation.

Yes, yes, thank you, Loid.

Now kiss your wife.