Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ep 2 is grand.

I need a gif for Yor going into lethal mode as she answers the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Doodles posted:

I fear I did not. Clarification?

The lack of self-preservation in Swann is impressive. To not understand how close to oblivion he was and keep trying to push buttons suggests he's actually suicidal from the divorce. If Twilight hadn't acted first, Yor was going to use the guy's head for a bocce ball.

I really liked that she was already shaping her hand into a murder-talon when Twilight beat her by a half-second.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yor repeatedly coming home soaked in murderblood and bringing gifts to her brother, and him STILL being clueless, is just priceless.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Nephthys posted:

She's just too dumb to be suspicious. Nobody else could get away with such ridiculous lies but you can totally buy it of her.

Also, Yuri is definitely bad but he's a funny bad. I like his delusion on assuming his body is tingling from love instead of his broken ribs.

Yeah, pretty much. The whole "that person has been married for a year not none of the people around her, including her only other familym member, had no idea? ..... oh Yor, what are we gonna do with you!" vibe works in the context of the show.

Everyone is hyper-comptent at what they do, but also have a key weakness that makes the situation juuust plausible enough to go on and be funny. For Twilight, it's basic, earnest human contact. For Yor, life dynamics beyond concealing her cover. For Yuri, anything involving his big sister, so much so that he can't pin down the one person he utterly -wants- to nab on something;

And Anya who is all weak spots, but has a story-breaking power that she misuses for exta amusement.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Holy poo poo. They had an actual 'Namek arc DBZ' background during Damien's training montage.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I thought that the next chapter after this was the glorious, dramatic bullet wound in the butt Saga. I really hope they don't skip it.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

There is nothing more powerful than a dog holding a knife their mouth.

That may be my favorite gag from the manga, bar none, and I was looking forward to see it animated.

Even with no blood, they did not disappoint.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, I mean after the Tennis match I don't even think that's an argument. They are obscenely superhuman, Yor is just a level beyond that.

I'll never not laugh at Yor taking random relationship stuff 200% seriously. "I'll clean up ALL the spilled cocoa! I -won- that tennis match!"

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Or, conveniently, Anya's mind was unable to be read.

At some point another psychic will drop into the story like a bomb and I am so here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I foresee one of two outcomes here. The one I want is they do a big arc that climaxes in a profession of love change of status quo and a big kiss. The one more likely to happen is they save it for the big finale.

It would be loving awesome if the last arc was the combo of spy plus assassin plus psychic against BOTH countries as Strix collapses and the now-real family was the fulchrum of the real solution.