Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pretty sure he actually just has a concussion from the car crash.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's popped up in a few scene-setting captions and newspapers before, but I believe it's the first time they say it out loud.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ranzear posted:

Maybe a manga reader can chime in whether it's a sneaky nod that Yor is a cleaner. I've been expecting a Leon reference the entire time.

The first time she said it was when the camera was focusing on a pile of corpses behind her, so yes, that is the joke.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Loid.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC when the manga was first being translated into English there was some wonkiness with the names but the mangaka eventually explained how they wanted it done.

Ania never caught on though, oddly enough.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kinda, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SexyBlindfold posted:

The manga translated it as "a bullet or a nuke" but yeah, same effect. The Briar family seems to be very no thoughts head empty when in their off time.

I think it's probably a censorship thing in the anime, since I am 90% sure the manga said nuke in Japanese, while the anime clearly says "meteor".