Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

E L E G A N T and Twilight slamming his fist into the table were among my top favorite moments I wanted to see animated and I'm delighted to see them in action.

I think that batch is really the only chapters for a while that can be combined into one episode. I'm interested to see how it adapts the others, but given how well the show has been paced so far, I'm confident the rest will be filled with good cute moments too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I think it doesn't help that its common enough of an anime-ism that its hard NOT to think of the worst version of the trope.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Saw the movie last night and enjoyed it, but you really have to suspend your disbelief or it kinda portrays Yor as an idiot for just blindly accepting things like Loid breaking into a plane to listen to the military radio and find out where Anya is (I know it's a running joke in the series that both of them are too dumb or so far removed from normal life that they don't notice things that are obviously weird about the other, but it felt stretched particularly far this time).
It also felt a bit contrived that the army brought along a random robot man on their airship that was kind of unrelated to the rest of the plot just so Yor had something to do (unless the microfilm were the plans for creating more robots and I missed that).

It reached the point that I actually wasn't even sure why Loid needed to not know Yor was on the ship, them tag-teaming in their violence while offering lame excuses to each other would be part of the fun.

I did expect a reveal that the robot would be one of the victims shown in the family restaurant's pictures, and it was a little sad they didn't try to go that route.