Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
That ED is phenomenal.

Anya's reactions whenever she catches Loid even mildly considering taking her in as a mistake are so heartbreaking. :(

Chichi tsundere.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
My two favorite parts of this episode were:
1. Discovering Yor is a wino.
2. The way Anya kept saying "Loidman, tasukete..."

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The punch was incredible. Especially the sound design with the goofy music ending right before the wind up. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://twitter.com/chaopiico/status/1525687784836579329?s=20&t=1ylcseFEfJxHVqJNHIyqQg

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You read right to left in Japan, though.

Only when written vertically. :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

chiasaur11 posted:

Manga spoilers:Roland Spoofy.

Don’t you mean Lorand Spuphi?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Everyone calling Yor "dumb" should get a sixer for that poo poo. :colbert:

She is sincere and genuine and earnest and perfect, and gently caress all of you!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Seriously, the best thread in this godforsaken forum is the PYF poo poo Kids Say thread. It's absolutely amazing and the only thread that legitimately brings a smile to my face every time I read it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Despite relatively little Anya this episode, she definitely got some top-tier faces in:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yor truly understands the nature of dog.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TwoPair posted:

You dare doubt Starlight Anya?

Pride cometh before the fall, etc. etc.

Becky's reaction to that was spot on. After Anya refused to answer to her regular name and Becky's all..."you're really leaning into it, huh?"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

For a second, I thought this was official art. Way to pull the rug from under me. :(

TwoPair posted:

You didn't post the smug Anya on the inside

I actually got this shirt. It's great. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Unlucky7 posted:

I was half expecting to see Yor stop the car head on with the kick, not just kicking the side.

I know it wouldn't fit her power set, but I would've loved to see her just pull a Brock Sampson on the car. :v:

Looks like next episode is Yor focused, anyway. Giggidy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The greatest detail in the episode was that the ball didn't just fall apart. It popped. Pieces of the ball gained upward momentum from a rest position. This can only lead to one conclusion.

Yor can transfer her meta-kinetic abilities to inanimate objects.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
These are my favorite episodes. The ones with warm, fuzzy characterization. Anya straight up called Becky tsundere. lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Shinji2015 posted:

Now that I think about it, Anya was out for a long time. I wonder if that was just her just being sleepy, or if Donovan's presence had something to do with that

This is a big question mark surrounding the whole visit. Whether Desmond has psychic powers or not, he's at least aware of the experimentation going on. And it wouldn't be surprising if he has some sort of countermeasure in place (whether its one of his guards, himself, or some sort of device) that shields him from psychics.

It also isn't outside the realm of possibility that he already knows about Anya, even if he might not know the specifics or that she's now a Forger.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Knock-off Malfloy being actually a genuinely good kid and knock-off Crabbe and Goyle being actually his good and loyal friends instead of just flunkies is one of my more favorite things about Spy x Family.

Damien is the most tsundere shounen.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Bondman did nothing wrong. :colbert:

He was speed-running Persona 5 and didn't realize it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yor continues to be the sweetest cinnamon murderroll. :allears:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 27, 2023

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Julias posted:

Spy x Family collab with Street Fighter 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5jy6mLelAU

Only if we get Yor, Loid, AND Anya riding Bond w/ a Frankie assist.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The inner thoughts vs. actual dialogue was the best Yuri gag so far.

And in the end, nobody was happy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Xelkelvos posted:

Tag yourself. I'm Turbo Surippa

I want to think some of these names are completely Engrish and not a English/Japanese mix.

Turbo Surippa = Turbo Slipper
Jet Hanga- = Jet Hanger
Impact Taoru = Impact Towel

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Anya was the best character this episode. Just 20 minutes of mid-ground and background reaction shots.

Chef, chef, chef, Chef, CHEF, CHEF, CHEF!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jerkface posted:

I saw the movie: Its like a long episode quality wise. Didn't really feel like "movie material" but anime movies gonna movie. Anya very cute. Not enough Yor antics of super strength gap moe. It has some good gags and is overall light and funny. Biggest issue for me is the entire premise stretches the credulity of the Yor/Loid keeping their poo poo secret antics as the entire finale takes place on a military exploding air barge. Now its been a minute since I've read the manga or watched the series but I don't recall stuff being so explicitly out of bounds like that. Normally theres some semblance of a cover story that you can hand wave away the thrilling outcome. (Ie Yors cruise shenanigans or whatever). 3.5 stars, good if you just want more SpyxFamily - probably not super great at selling someone who has never seen it before. Oh and Yors big fight in the movie is not very fun at all.

Mostly agree. It's pretty obviously not canon with how hand-wavy the whole premise ends up being.

That said. There was pleasantly little amounts of Yuri but on the flip side, disturbingly little amounts of Frankie. They went hard on the sakuga in a few scenes, but there was kind of no build up for Yor's big fight even if it was pretty at points.

Anya was the real star with the high point being her hallucination. :shrek:

Also, SOULSOUP rocks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_k7iwrWVY