Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

A new Tokyo Mew Mew? You have my attention, Summer 2022.

Also, Teppen could be fun, if it digs deep into how absolutely unfunny manzai is to anyone who isn't a Japanese Boomer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gimme that G-Witch Prologue

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Probably most excited about the Penguindrum movie, honestly. Not really interested enough in anything this season to follow weekly. Maybe Cyberpunk just because it's Trigger being Trigger. Will probably catch Part Timer S2, Made in Abyss, and the Kakegurui prequel at some point after the season finishes.

Perfect timing, at least. I've got about seven 60+ hour games and the Stormlight Archive in my queue I can finally start getting through.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

the touhou m-1 manzai series can be pretty funny

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

touhou anime

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

Gimme that G-Witch Prologue

:same:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Gonna be bingin BASTARD maself

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pootybutt posted:

Gonna be bingin BASTARD maself

:same:

But only 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Christ it's been 5 years since I watched Made in Abyss. I'll need to watch the film too.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ahhh, I'm glad to see Rental Girlfriend is still just the kind of aggressive trash that I crave.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Terry van Feleday posted:

The only thing I'll be watching this season is Lycoris Recoil, which I frankly have no idea what to expect from, the promotional material has been vaguely baffling (post-disaster cute girl action workplace slice of life with guns??). I feel like it's either gonna be great or a total mess, which is the most exciting kind of anime

Well, the little we know is it's the Ben-To writer coming back after disappearing for 10 years.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

sb hermit posted:

what about isekai idols?

Ok, how about where an idol gets isekai'd that is not a harem anime?

zombieland saga doesn't count

Also that's a misleading synopsis, cause here's the rundown of episode 1. He's gonna run into a friendly-neighborhood slave trader, he's gonna buy a slave, and then he's gonna gently caress her.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Allarion posted:

Well, the little we know is it's the Ben-To writer coming back after disappearing for 10 years.
And in the newest PV there are tons of girls' gunfights.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Allarion posted:

Also that's a misleading synopsis, cause here's the rundown of episode 1. He's gonna run into a friendly-neighborhood slave trader, he's gonna buy a slave, and then he's gonna gently caress her.

maybe I'll just watch the yurucamp movie for summer anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

drat allarion, this feels like an unexpectedly candid post for you

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
just clearing the air so no idol fans walk into the wrong anime. unless, you know, they want to

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/hulkenstein01/status/1543080101910155264

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow a whole three months earlier than the rumors said

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'll try out Call of the Night and see how reactions are to Cyberpunk. Otherwise it's a backlog season for me.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

AnoHito posted:

Ahhh, I'm glad to see Rental Girlfriend is still just the kind of aggressive trash that I crave.

feeling an early drop for that one
after reading the manga, i just seriously can't stomach the MC anymore, even ironically. dude is a wet noodle

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

Oh poo poo. Ben-To was a fun as gently caress series and the anime ended mid arc. My interest has gone up on this.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/Seasonal_OPs/status/1543227377320398848?s=20&t=rSfnk8BR-UT0Q9SROqq2yg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

laugh til you cry

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

luffy sets out on the grand line to find the 'top of the laugh'

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Reminder that the official title is Teppen with exactly 15 exclamation marks.

Julias fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 2, 2022

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
with the op now we finally have the context that each exclamation mark stands for one of the fifteen competitors

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I will at the very least be watching Cyberpunk and Bastard. Probably one or two episodes of DanMachi before I get frustrated with the continued poor use of the interesting side characters and settings the show is littered with and drop it.

Gonna wait for the thread verdicts before checking out Isekai Uncle, Overlord and any others that surprise people.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think I stopped reading Isekai Ojisan because it ends up really having a few jokes that it just uses over and over again in a way that gets kinda tiring. Mostly about how utterly oblivious he is socially

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if the first couple episodes of that lucifer and the buscuit hammer anime come out and people don't hate it i will watch it

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Julias posted:

Reminder that the official title is Tepen with exactly 15 exclamation marks.

Can't wait for season two's title: Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malsangoroth fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 2, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I keep thinking for a fraction of a second it's a teppu anime and it makes me sad

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh god I was the same way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Malsangoroth posted:

Can't wait for season two's title: Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the contest doesnt allow for four people teams where is that extra person gonna go

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the contest doesnt allow for four people teams where is that extra person gonna go

Over there, in a box.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The title will lose one exclamation point for each person eliminated or however the contest works.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Teppen~! seems interesting enough, even with 15+ oddballs in the cast. It's a Bushiroad product so a bunch of the VAs will be familiar.

Lycoris Recoil isn't as comfy as expected, but there's definitely an uplifting of tone thanks to Chisato. Reminds me a bit of Princess Principal in that regard, but the action choreography seems good which I'd expect from Ben-to's writer. I'm interested in seeing where it goes at least.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lacroix Recoil was good but boy howdy does it feel like 4 different shows melded into one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay lost it when the Invaders trio started the Lum UFO summon in Teppen