Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

True would like em to have more screentime I liked how everyone did teamwork to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Huh. Aniplex just announced a new version of Rurouni Kenshin. That should make some folks happy.

More going on at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5aY6UJ4DjY

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
How does it make people happy

It's not like the original artist doesn't get royalties

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf the yaiba author said they made like no money off the movie so maybe they dont

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

tbf the yaiba author said they made like no money off the movie so maybe they dont

Yeah, what I've read said that anime tends to be licensed for a flat fee, rather than a percentage. Unless the author is on the production committee, then they get paid for the base rights, but nothing else, unlike with the manga, where they get a percentage for every sale.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 24, 2022

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Endorph posted:

They're pumping out those Conan movies semi-annually and homey ain't getting no paper???

no wonder he's in no rush to end, or even, progress the plot of the comic

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I just caught up with the final episode of Smile of the Arsnotoria and all through the entire season there were two storylines, one with Arsnotoria and her Magic School friends having tea parties and studying etiquette & deportment and having lovely adventures in their castle in the clouds, contrasted against the hyper violent knights who were dashing around the countryside below murdering hundreds of people and burning entire towns to the ground. The knights were slowly gathering intel on their main target and in episode 11 they were rapidly closing in on a castle up in the clouds ..... and then in episode 12 the knights stormed the castle and killed everyone!! But it was a completely different castle, the two storylines never ever crossed over and the knights never got anywhere near the schoolgirls, who continued having a pleasant time eating jam and scones right up to the final credits.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incredibly strong frankly

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I just caught up with the final episode of Smile of the Arsnotoria and all through the entire season there were two storylines, one with Arsnotoria and her Magic School friends having tea parties and studying etiquette & deportment and having lovely adventures in their castle in the clouds, contrasted against the hyper violent knights who were dashing around the countryside below murdering hundreds of people and burning entire towns to the ground. The knights were slowly gathering intel on their main target and in episode 11 they were rapidly closing in on a castle up in the clouds ..... and then in episode 12 the knights stormed the castle and killed everyone!! But it was a completely different castle, the two storylines never ever crossed over and the knights never got anywhere near the schoolgirls, who continued having a pleasant time eating jam and scones right up to the final credits.

Endless 8/10

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
A new Bunny Girl Senpai anime was announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0147iNxRma4

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speaking of announcements

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1573567385453309952?t=F2Oq97kUBlKqWouL6gqwtA&s=19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/TropicalMaku/status/1573559206711816192?t=e3GUePmjEQIkrv9Z1S40tA&s=19

Also the nier automata anime is scheduled to air in January

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's such a big play the mobage to get the real story type show that I almost repsect it in a way

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If that's the end of Rental Girlfriend S2 then I'm happy with it not coming back.

They should have just started the season off with the Grandma Throwing a Birthday party episode. Or the Very Special Episode explaining why Chizuru wants to act since it's like 90% of the drama this season. Christ on a cracker

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

If that's the end of Rental Girlfriend S2 then I'm happy with it not coming back.

Season 3 has already been confirmed and greenlit

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Annointed posted:

HOLY gently caress DANMACHI SEASON 4 EPISODE 10

BELL LOST HIS loving ARM and possibly his life in getting his neck snapped and tossed several yards into the air

I always love how Bell gently caressing gets the poo poo kicked out of him in this show. Every so often it lulls you into thinking that he's just a dumb OP protagonist and then beats the tar out of him.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Exia posted:

A new Bunny Girl Senpai anime was announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0147iNxRma4

So I thought Bunny Girl Senpai was completely ended, they resolved like all the remaining plot in the movie and there's no more girls I thought. Did the author write like six more WNs when I wasn't looking?

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
There were 3-4 unadapted LNs out in JP even as the movie came out. This season will probably adapt all of the available source material.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Strange Quark posted:

How does it make people happy
Uh, the show's fans?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wollawolla posted:

There were 3-4 unadapted LNs out in JP even as the movie came out. This season will probably adapt all of the available source material.

So yes he basically did. Well that's good news for me because I like Bunny girl senpai.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doodles posted:

Uh, the show's fans?
i am just gonna assume you weren't aware of what happened with the creator. he was arrested for having massive amounts of cp

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah just massive amount, the only reason he's not in prison for the rest of his life is because he's rich and Japan is soft on pedophiles.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

i am just gonna assume you weren't aware of what happened with the creator. he was arrested for having massive amounts of cp

Yikes. Nope, hadn't heard. And it makes the announcement extra strange.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah just massive amount, the only reason he's not in prison for the rest of his life is because he's rich and Japan is soft on pedophiles.
that and he rolled on every name he possibly could.

as for him being welcomed back into the industry, he has strong connections. the galko-chan author also got nabbed for it and hes never coming back, but the kenshin guy is friends with oda and such.

really wonder if it'll be picked up for western streaming anywhere. personally i dont care if someone reads the existing manga/watches the existing anime because its not like it can be unmade, but there's a difference between that and a new anime.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hell I forgot the most infuriating thing about Watsuki is that he served no jail time, merely fined an amount that any famous mangaka of his stature could pay (200,000 yen).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, like i said, he got his sentence reduced by rolling. the galko guy got 3 years.

i dont think jail fixes any of this but 'literally no consequences' is also unlikely to fix it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
There's a TOHO presentation on right now, maybe something less likely to make us feel crawly will be announced there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_Y-xNwR38

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Hell I forgot the most infuriating thing about Watsuki is that he served no jail time, merely fined an amount that any famous mangaka of his stature could pay (200,000 yen).

That is an absurdly low amount lol wtf

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Seriously isn't that like a thousand dollars or something?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Seriously isn't that like a thousand dollars or something?

Depends on the exchange rate at the time, but I'd figure somewhere between $1500-$2000. It's more like $1400 at current rates, but JPY has not been performing well recently.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yen's probably gonna bounce back in a bit now that Japan is opening up their borders again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

The ballpark for Yen to USD conversion is basically 100JPY=1USD

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Xelkelvos posted:

The ballpark for Yen to USD conversion is basically 100JPY=1USD

Ya I just generally knock off 2 place values from the number to get a rough idea.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Almost like a yen is a cent

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's short for Yent

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

fancy a game of ywent?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oy yenn toss a yent to yer ywinyehchyetertynnch

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, I haven't been keeping up with Yurei Deco, but apparently the ending keeps the totalitarian surveillance state intact, only changing out who's in charge and drawing the few outsiders into a government where facebook likes are the only currency?

Because, if that's the case, I'm kind of impressed that the show managed to fall below even my rock bottom expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I feel grateful that theyre peeking