Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who were your Tag-Team Champions in July?
This poll is closed.
FTR (ROH World Tag Team Champions) 35 72.92%
Magical Sugar Rabbits (FORMER Princess Tag Team Champions) 2 4.17%
Saki Akai & Yuki Arai (Princess Tag Team Champions) 2 4.17%
Fukuoka Double Crazy (Goddesses of Stardom Champions) 0 0%
The Young Bucks (FORMER AEW World Tag Team Champions) 0 0%
Swerve in Our Glory (AEW World Tag Team Champions) 3 6.25%
Z-Brats (FORMER Open the Twin Gate Champions) 3 6.25%
Kung Fu Masters (Open the Twin Gate Champions) 0 0%
Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda (World Tag Team Champions [AJPW]) 0 0%
Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie (Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Champions) 1 2.08%
The Usos (WWE Raw Tag Team Champions) 0 0%
ASUKA & MAO (FORMER KO-D Tag Team Champions) 1 2.08%
Karimao (KO-D Tag Team Champions) 0 0%
Calamari Drunken Kings (Asia Dream Tag Team Champions) 1 2.08%
Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher (GHC Tag Team Champions) 0 0%
None of the Above/Write-In 0 0%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It was FTR again winning the poll, and it's probably going to be them again this month.

FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) - ROH World Tag Team Champions - defended against the Briscoe Brothers at Death Before Dishonor

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki) - FORMER Princess Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Saki Akai & Yuki Arai at Summer Sun Princess

Saki Akai & Yuki Arai - Princess Tag Team Champions - won from Magical Sugar Rabbits at Summer Sun Princess

Fukuoka Double Crazy (Hazuki and Koguma) - Goddesses of Stardom Champions - drew against God's Eye at some unnamed event, defended against God's Eye at MidSummer Champions in Nagoya

The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) - FORMER AEW World Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Swerve in Our Glory in a match also involving Team Taz on Dynamite

Swerve in Our Glory (Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland) - AEW World Tag Team Champions - won from the Young Bucks in a match also involving Team Taz on Dynamite

Z-Brats (Diamante and Shun Skywalker) - FORMER Open the Twin Gate Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Kung Fu Masters at Ultimo Dragon's 35th Anniversary Show

Kung Fu Masters (Jason Lee and Jacky Funky Kamei) - Open the Twin Gate Champions - won from Z-Brats at Ultimo Dragon's 35th Anniversary Show

Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda - World Tag Team Champions [AJPW] - defended against STRONGHEARTS during the Summer Action Series

Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie - Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions - defended against the Influence at Against All Odds

The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) - WWE Raw Tag Team Champions - defended against the Street Profits at Money in the Bank, defended against the Street Profits at SummerSlam

ASUKA & MAO - FORMER KO-D Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against Harimao at Summer Vacation

Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) - KO-D Tag Team Champions - won from ASUKA & MAO at Summer Vacation

Calamari Drunken Kings (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) - defended against Yuna Mizumori and Ken Ohka at Road to 10 Years

Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher (GHC Tag Team Champions) - won against Yoshiki Inamura and Masa Kitamiya (title was vacant) at Destination

None of the Above/Write-In - Did I miss anyone? By all means, tell me!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hard to vote against Ashino and Honda since that match was fantastic, but ASUKA and MAO are two of my favourites because they consistently put out bangers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
FTR had a really good title match last month but so did Swerve In Our Glory. Swerve In Our Glory had a TV angle where Kevin Gates knocked out Tony Nese but FTR did not. I think the choice is clear

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We all know its Calamari Drunken Kings and anyone who doesn't say that is a liar and coward

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ring of honor

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

it's gotta be ftr sorry

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FTR are the best tag team in the world and it rules and I will keep voting for them until they're not.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotta watch that Dragon Gate match everyone's raving about before I vote

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Penguin Patrol posted:

I've gotta watch that Dragon Gate match everyone's raving about before I vote

https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456249122?list=e06265d5a7457d585f

Can't get a timestamp while phone posting (I'm watching the show right now) but if you jump to 3 hours 34 minutes. Haven't seen it yet myself (still got Hijo del Santo vs Ultimo to get through) but yeah, the hype is unreal, being talked about as one of the best matches in Dragon System history

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The build is important to recognize in that match. Since late last year, Shun Skywalker gradually went insane at the crumbling of his stable Masquerade. He turned heel to join Z-Brats, and had some of the best heel character work I think I've ever seen in wrestling, becoming a delusional bully. Shun and Diamante then formed a tall-man bruiser tag team (who can still fly, because it's DG), who were able to dominate even the top babyface tag champs D'Courage and beat them for the Twin Gate titles.

Shun turned his attention to Jason Lee (another former Masquerade member), and just bullied the poo poo out of him for several months, gaslighting him and saying he was nothing without him, isolating him from talking to his friends, and claiming Jason was his "property". Finally Jason stood up for himself and joined Natural Vibes, where he started a tag team with Jacky Kamei. Shun then started bullying Jacky instead, but almost more like he was a new toy to play with.

Jason & Jacky then started Kung Fu Masters, a splinter group with Ho Ho Lun to represent Hong Kong, who would only appear in Kobe because it has a sizable Chinese population. So they came into the Twin Gate match here as complete underdogs who were only sort of half taken seriously, and meanwhile Shun/Diamante show up with badass half-Venom costumes looking like they're about to murder the small kung fu boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for that history, match was very good!

Not enough to keep me from voting for FTR though