Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Recently I was seated beside a passenger who needed more space to sit and was almost taking away some on my space which made a 4 hour flight very uncomfortable. As flight was full I couldn't change my seat. Do I have any option under such situations like compensation from airline ? Are there any restrictions on max space which can be taken by passenger in a flight.

Just to add my question is more from my rights perspective. I understand the situation for other person, it's very difficult for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wear an enormous fatsuit next time you travel to provide your own buffer zone

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m like incredibly fat but it all spills forwards and not to the sides so I’m super duper comfortable in planes.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ask them to be less of a fat piece of poo poo

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Source your Quora questions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't really a question of rights but if you make a big stink about it they'll probably give you an upgrade voucher or a free headset or whatever to shut you up

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Be fatter to assert your dominance.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't get it, why wouldn't the larger passenger simply eat the smaller one? You should be thankful for surviving this encounter op

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

from each according to his seat, to each according to his girth

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
no sometimes you just get hosed and it sucks and you gotta just put up with it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i spent a Southwest flight next to a severely troubled child that screamed at the top of his lungs for 2.5 straight hours while squeezing my hand. His father who was taking him for treatment was extremely apologetic and I don't blame them but also, literally nothing on a flight can ever annoy me again probably

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Well done AV for not making that situation worse.

Also OP you should've used your passenger as a pillow and braced the situation semi literally

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think you have the right to complain to the flight attendant. If you make a big enough stink about it, you could get the person who is trying to get you to pay for them to use your seat kicked off the plane.

If you don't fit in the seat then you should have to pay for another.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

maybe you can get them to use an aisle seat and shift all of their heft that way?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Dress the story up a little bit and go to the news like ot only did the airline make your flight uncomfortable, when you complained about it the flight attendant called you a "whiny rear end dickweed" loud enough that all the other passengers heard that and everyone started pointing at you and laughing like "hahaha whiny rear end dickweed, what a fuckin idiot! everyone spit on the whiny rear end dickweed with me" and they did and by the time the plane landed you were soaked in spit and they rolled you down the dirty aisles and put cigarettes and cigars out on you and when the plane landed they put you one one of those luggage carts and rolled you through the terminal like "emergency! Emergency! we have to get this clown to the circus right away!" and then threw the cart down the escalator and you flipped over a few times and landed in the fountain thing and while you were flipping through the air you had diarrhea and it all rinsed out into the fountain and now the fountain in the airport was spraying diarrhea water everywhere

I feel like that'd get on the news and then you might get some free things

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm in the passenger seat sleeping, street lights flash by and there's no one else on the road at night, we're driving to go take a poo poo at tha truck stop bathroomb

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm in the passenger seat sleeping, street lights flash by and there's no one else on the road at night, we're driving to go take a poo poo at tha truck stop bathroomb

Keep on truckin’

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
J

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Recently I was seated beside a passenger who needed more space to sit and was almost taking away some on my space which made a 4 hour flight very uncomfortable. As flight was full I couldn't change my seat. Do I have any option under such situations like compensation from airline ? Are there any restrictions on max space which can be taken by passenger in a flight.

Just to add my question is more from my rights perspective. I understand the situation for other person, it's very difficult for him.

Just stand in the isle reading your phone

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

maybe you can get them to use an aisle seat and shift all of their heft that way?

That guy isn't even just "fat" he was a big guy to begin with. Fat doesn't give you shoulders wide enough to break doorframes when you walk through them.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why does the friends not simply eat the friends who small -- the sampsoins

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Drone_Fragger posted:

That guy isn't even just "fat" he was a big guy to begin with. Fat doesn't give you shoulders wide enough to break doorframes when you walk through them.

I'm 6'4 and broad shouldered, my shoulders literally do not fit between the arm rests on an airplane seat, recently I've also become overweight, which doesn't hurt that much but doesn't help.

Flying is literally torture for me.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Drone_Fragger posted:

A person can be big/tall and also fat

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Elviscat posted:

I'm 6'4 and broad shouldered, my shoulders literally do not fit between the arm rests on an airplane seat, recently I've also become overweight, which doesn't hurt that much but doesn't help.

Flying is literally torture for me.

Literally the same, it's right at the edge of what I could put up with.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Cut my rights in two pieces this fat guy's on my side.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
If every Big Corp plans for fat people we all get like massive chairs and heaps of legroom.

Keep being loud, soldiers.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You definitely have the right to be annoyed at fat people (or pretty much everyone) when on a plane.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Bad Purchase posted:

Oh, and keep the air marshall from being able to effectively neutralize any would be terrorists? Great idea if you love terrorists I guess.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Drone_Fragger posted:

I think if you are are built to the dimensions of a Smart car you should be allowed to stay in the cargo area and be properly secured.

Give them a blanket, a water jug, a piss jug (not giving them piss, it's for them to piss into), several inflight meals in arms reach, check with the pilot the literal giant you are transporting isn't throwing off the balance too much positioned where they are, then secure them with the ratchet tie-downs.

Saw a video once of a military transport plane doing a very steep takeoff and one of the armored vehicles inside broke free and all the poo poo slammed to the back, and things went bad very fast.

Secure your loads.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The Butcher posted:

I think if you are are built to the dimensions of a Smart car you should be allowed to stay in the cargo area and be properly secured.

Give them a blanket, a water jug, a piss jug (not giving them piss, it's for them to piss into), several inflight meals in arms reach, check with the pilot the literal giant you are transporting isn't throwing off the balance too much positioned where they are, then secure them with the ratchet tie-downs.

Saw a video once of a military transport plane doing a very steep takeoff and one of the armored vehicles inside broke free and all the poo poo slammed to the back, and things went bad very fast.

Secure your loads.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Should have pissed on them to assert your dominance, OP. Then, if challenged, point out they’re too fat to get past to reach the toilet in time. Still, you know better for next time.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just tell the stewardess you think he's hiding a turban under his chins lmao

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Have you considered traveling by foot or horseback like g_d intended?

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Fat Dan posted:

If every Big Corp plans for fat people we all get like massive chairs and heaps of legroom.

Keep being loud, soldiers.

Oh you know what this would create street widening

everyone knows

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The Butcher posted:

Secure your loads.

Why not give him a jug full of piss to make it all new agey for him down there in the hold? You know that stuff is supposed to have curative properties. May help their situation out a little.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Have you considered traveling by foot or horseback like g_d intended?

I think God would kinda look down on filthy walking peasants. It's like "guys, I gave you smart brains, figure it out."

God might be cool with using horses but maybe she was like "you were just supposed to admire their beautiful forms, don't use them for work animals!"

God would definitely be cool with canoes.

"Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

Also kayaks are probably fine too.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

The Butcher posted:

I think God would kinda look down on filthy walking peasants. It's like "guys, I gave you smart brains, figure it out."

God might be cool with using horses but maybe she was like "you were just supposed to admire their beautiful forms, don't use them for work animals!"

God would definitely be cool with canoes.

"Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

Also kayaks are probably fine too.

Beautiful, thank you.

Now answer the question

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Butcher posted:

1: God is not a woman because the bible clearly states that Adam was made in his image.

2: God didn't give humanity intelligence, humans stole it by eating fruits from a tree they weren't supposed to.

People really need to stop trying to liberalize a 7000 year old religion and simply dismiss it as the regressive trash it is.

As for the topic at hand, airlines need to get some cargo planes solely for flying around all the fat people.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Have you tried that electric fence suit where if anyone touches you they get a mild and harmless electric shock

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Fat Dan posted:

Now answer the question

God finds pedestrians disappointing.

Yaldabaoth posted:

1: God is not a woman because the bible clearly states that Adam was made in his image.

You dig that the idea of a creator doesn't necessarily have to be Christian gospel, right, Jorp avatar person?

If we look at it from a human perspective, it really makes more sense for us for the Creator Whatever to have a more female aspect.

Creation, raising, caring, etc.

But the creator could be a ball of gloop filled with dicks and vaginas playing their version of The Sims, so who loving knows, and it doesn't matter anyway.

I'll say my thanks to Her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

The Butcher posted:

God finds pedestrians disappointing.

You dig that the idea of a creator doesn't necessarily have to be Christian gospel, right, Jorp avatar person?

If we look at it from a human perspective, it really makes more sense for us for the Creator Whatever to have a more female aspect.

Creation, raising, caring, etc.

But the creator could be a ball of gloop filled with dicks and vaginas playing their version of The Sims, so who loving knows, and it doesn't matter anyway.

I'll say my thanks to Her.

Do you think you could dance this?