Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
The original Joy Boy was a clown just like my hero Buggy and he actually wore the big hat on his clown nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
Yeah okay now THAT was some good rear end One Piece.

Just an incredible amount of 10/10 faces and panels in this chapter lmao

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
Crocodile’s secret is that he also used to look like Sanji’s wanted poster

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

rannum posted:

The yamato stuff is still frustrating but it was at least nice to see the flashback we should have gotten like 3 chapters ago. The Marco stuff was cute. The rest of the chapter was incredible; the new pacifistas are insane

Agreed 100%. While I’m still not thrilled about Yamato not joining, with the flashback it feels much less out of nowhere. No idea why it wasn’t shown while we were still on Wano, but whatever! Everything else was loving WILD and Oda is really setting up some major pieces for the final act.

Random theory: Im is also a black-winged lunarian and some of their DNA is being used to make the Seraphim.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
I forget, does Luffy have a Vivre card for Sabo? Also now I’m wondering if the term “Void Century” is more literal than we think, as Sabo being sent to some sort of purgatory dimension via Im’s space laser seems a bit more likely than him just getting wiped out like that. Wouldn’t be the first time we see a power that seems like it’s vaporizing people turn out to just send them elsewhere…Who knows!!

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo

Also Vegapunk is trans, her island’s even shaped like a giant cracked egg

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
What a good loving chapter. Kid got exactly what he asked for. I don’t think he’s dead but he’s absolutely DONE. Maybe he’ll make playground equipment for sick children out of scrap metal or something now.

Actually it’d be kinda neat if he throws himself fully into finding a cure for Killer’s condition and ends up on Drum Island as Dr. Kureha’s new understudy or something. Maybe I just like the idea of a broken, cruel guy like Kid finding actual purpose in life as a healer. :shobon:

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Gyges posted:

Who do you think got Sengoku that goat?

The goat valley incident…

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
Imu’s powers in this chapter have me wondering if the term “void century” might be a bit more literal than metaphorical.

Also I wonder if Imu having Lily’s sword in their garden is for the same reason they’ve kept the big hat around? Simple trophies, or maybe the successors to the will of Joy Boy and Lily having those would be a problem? Gear 5 Luffy has shown that the hat is no longer too big for he gotdamn head…:hmmyes:

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
I ended up thinking the trailer looked…pretty good? Like it seems like just about the best way you could conceivably do a live action One Piece, what with that being a completely insane idea in the first place. If there’s somehow a second season I’m looking forward to CGI homunculus Chopper.

My partner knows absolutely nothing about the series, so her reaction to the trailer was “What country is this supposed to be? Why does he stretch? I’m extremely confused but I don’t hate it I guess?” She liked the Sea King a lot. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro
I am really having trouble wrapping around my head around the idea of live action Arlong/Hachi/Chuu. It’s like trying to visualize an abstract concept.