Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

What will Chopper's new bounty be?

whatever it is, it will be higher than yamato's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Also doing a reread and I just know Wano Oda woulda given Tilestone and Freddie Mercury about 1 or 2 chapters worth of extra panel time. Paulie, maybe 5 or 6.

Edit: Last minute non-joining ally Sogeking would have gotten 20 additional chapters and a line of towel merch.

every member of cp9 would have gotten a seven chapter logn flashback each

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gear 4 looks bad but the moment with luffy smashing the mirror to 1v1 katakuri was kino so it led to some good stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my theory is that if big mom is actually dead-dead i assume that katakuri will take control of the big mom pirates and come help luffy in the final battle against blackbeard or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my game theory rn is that blackbeard is hanging out on xebec's old island, it sure seems like every member of xebec's crew is dead rn, and he had a really strong interest in getting moriah on side. presumably because he wants his fruit, not for moriah's dashing good looks. 'showing up in the final battle to heroically handle shadow zombie kaido' would be a reasonable enough deployment of the dangling yamato thread, and you could do something similar with katakuri and a shadow zombie big mom.

heck moriah already shadow zombie'd up a member of xebec's crew. remember john? everyones favorite one piece character, john.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ending of the fight iirc is that they both collapse and then get back up and talk a bit, and then katakuri goes back down while luffy stays on his feet. so its very close but yeah luffy is the one on his feet at the end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

What if Yamato didn't join because Oda wanted Film Red to be possibly canon, and since Yamato isn't in the film he needed to bench him until after the movie could happen.
i think the producer said it wasnt canon but who knows, oda sure went out of his way to go 'btw theres a shanks movie coming out' in the actual manga. shiki got to be mentioned in the manga but they never mentioned z or anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbp posted:

i'll be fully honest i do not even remotely give a poo poo about uta or film red
i dont really care about the movie but ado is an extremely talented singer and the songs are good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

Never understood how Katakuri gets bullied for his funny teeth while his brother has a giant tongue and dresses like Willy Wonka.
Maybe its one of those things where he flinched so he got rode for it whereas perospero just decided to own looking like he was from ah real monsters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we see a ton of chefs and a basic police force but the actual military seems to be homies. going by what we see of big mom's homies theyd probably have a hard time doing anything that requires much thought like cooking or medical care but they can handle pretty much any basic task

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jimbeis the only member of the straw hats besides luffy who was at impel down/marineford, and going by croc's massive bounty increase and buggy's rise to stardom, they took the impel down breakout extremely seriously. heck, he personally squared up to akainu at the end of marineford. makes sense his bounty would be higher than sanji's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

God, what a great chapter. lol that firing Mihawk was literally the worst thing the Navy could have done. Did I miss Perona, or was she not in this chapter?

shed already left to go find moriah when the marines turned on the warlords. so odds are shes heading towards blackbeard? or might even be with him, if moriah took his offer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'peoples dreams never end' already makes him more interesting than kaido

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the crew will never go to elbaf because all luffy remembers about little garden is that there were giants and some guy tried to kill them, ergo that must be the island of the giants, ergo theyve already been to elbaf.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually, was mr. 1 in that chapter anywhere?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

i think he’s in the shot of Crocodile going ham on the navy for his Buggy money
oh, yeah, so he is. and you can spot him with buggy's original crew and alvida in one of the shots of mihawk and croc threatening buggy, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funny to think that mr. 1 is probably the third strongest guy in the crew of an emperor.

actually, its also funny to realize that the reason buggy's specifically afraid of crocodile is because mihawk and mr. 1 couldnt do jack to him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly buggy does seem especially hardy, he never seemed that out of sorts in the heat and cold of impel down, and he basically walked off a direct hit from the bomb mihawk hit back at him. you can put some of that down to comedic license but still, basically the only thing hes good at is not dying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

https://twitter.com/EatingCerealNow/status/1561490226463518720?s=20&t=Wl7s-k7JMvSVJvUx73DXoA

this doesn't make much sense, brook was 38 when he died on the triangle and is 90 now, but perospero is 50...?

he also didnt seem to recognize her. even if you figure she wasnt going under the name big mom back then, im pretty sure the name 'charlotte linlin' is spoken in brooks presence a few times. unless he smashed and passed without even knowing her name back then? which i guess isnt impossible but still feels a bit strange.

assuming its a case where oda liked the idea and didnt really think it through beyond that. if this had been an idea added before wano it would have been interesting to see it played with but i dont really see a way this can be looped into the actual story at this juncture so it just feels kinda random.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 28, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

Big Mom was 18 when she had her first child too..
yeah, and she's 68 now. brook was lost at sea *52* years ago, not 50. shed have to be 70 and persopero would have to be 52 for this to work. i think oda forgot the timeskip happened.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

I'm just saying I'd rather not Brook being in his 30s hooking up with a 17 year old
Oh, yeah, that element is there too. Possible that she was 18 both when he hooked up with her and when she had Perospero, but still weird even in that scenario, especially since as mentioned the timeline would kinda demand him to just leave immediately and not say a word to her. But, well, Pudding and Shirahoshi are both 16 and Brook macks on them both (and Pudding is still basically Sanji's love interest, strong odds the series ending has a shot of them together in the 'where everyone wound up' deal). Thaaaaat's Oda.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait

lmao you're right

i didnt even look at the jp and the image because who the hell wants to spread fake theories about perospero

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the world must know of my brook x big mom fanfiction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually wait were any other Big Mom pirates at the raid or was it only Perospero?
i think perospero told everyone to stay on the boat while he checked things out, and then as soon as he got there the raid was already happening so no time to go back and round up the family

a lot of the big hitters like katakuri and cracker were still recovering from the whole cake arc, though, so not sure how much difference the awe inspiring might of daifuku would have made

actually daifuku was kind of giving sanji the business so maybe that would have helped

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Can Of Worms posted:

Saw this amazing reddit comment about the new chapter and had to share it with you all:

this person is literally incapable of understanding why people like buggy, incredible

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it makes sense hed be out of practice by the time luffy gets to him honestly. he was mostly a shadowy manipulator in baroque works, all his plan required him to do was occasionally rough up some random desert bandits.

plus if whitebeard was the guy who took his hand he just might not have been used to fighting with only one hand. his hook hand cant do any of the sand manipulation im pretty sure, so hed have to be conscious of that when using his powers, and if he didnt have any real challenges to practice that on, itd make sense hed be off his game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if crocodile was just drunk off his rear end the entire alabasta arc, we always saw him drinking wine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyges posted:

Why, exactly, does everyone dream of being the super awesome King of the Pirates?
do that many people actually dream of it? crocodile, moria, kaido, big mom, and buggy all seem to use the term as shorthand for 'undisputed strongest/richest pirate,' which they'd want with or without the term and with or without roger having ever existed. only some of them even show interest in the one piece, and it's reasonable to assume that the one piece is either a massive sum of money or would be worth a massive sum of money. only luffy and maybe blackbeard seem to want to actually be pirate king in the sense of having a romantic image of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally haki sucks so i just ignore every use of it even now that theres obvious visual cues for it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vivi's actual baroque works partner was mr. 9, who got a cover panel showing him and miss monday alive. he and miss monday stalled mr 5 and ms doublefinger so vivi could escape, but it cut away with mr. 5 blowing them both up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

Oh, you’re saying he couldn’t lose something he never had to begin with. Somehow I doubt he’s the only devil fruit user who didn’t know how to swim anyway, especially the really young ones
spandam's sword probably couldnt swim before it ate a devil fruit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Why is whitebeard trending all of a sudden that chapter was like a decade ago
people keep spamming pictures of him with his dick out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its definitely the dicks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

...there's a difference?
in my experience marines are trying way harder to seem cool, so marine is more accurate for the one piece military

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lucci is just going to spend the entire series mysteriously pontificating on boats headed to various locations and then turning around because itll be over by the time they get there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its funny that don krieg and kuro are literally the only main villains in the entire series to never become relevant again in any way. i guess hody is also down and out but hes also sent offscreen with the implication that hell die soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Foxy too, but he'll come back I just know it

oh right i forgot foxy's later cameos were anime exclusive

i was counting enel's cover story though, even if he never comes down from the moon thats at least something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arlong and his crew were sun pirates remnants, i imagine the world government would have had way more interest in them if they fully knew what they were about. if mr. 3 could make impel down, arlong definitely could.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyges posted:

I figured they were both just so pathetically small time that they're still kicking around East Blue, thinking they're badasses. Everyone else had actual dreams, but they were just total loving chumps.

The heat is too hot in East Blue, I'm going to successfully fake my death and then scheme my way into being the richest man on a 3rd rate island in a 5th rate sea. Just the most complex plan, that starts with the hardest thing as step one, for the most pointless and nothing stakes.

Granted, Kreig had somewhat of an actual dream. However his plan was to trick his way into being a badass on the Grand Line via a strongish East Blue fleet. When that failed he was going to take over the Grand Line with a single fake floating restaurant. Dude's lucky as poo poo he ran into Mihawk somehow before hehttps://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=27 ran into Baroque Works or someone else slightly more powerful than Pirate Captain Usopp.
arlong and buggy did have actual grand line experience that wasnt 'immediately getting 360 noscoped by mihawk' so that explains a lot of the contrast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buggy gathering up all the shichibukai he could would make sense - for starters, itd be a pretty obvious gag for buggy to want nothing to do with luffy while hancock tries to steer the whole operation in his direction. and theyd be pretty easy allies of convenience, since theyd want safety from the marines in numbers.

plus itd be a way to get weevil and his mom actually tied into the plot instead of just a weird concept off to the side of it.

if they wanted doffy to join theyd have to spring him, though. hes on impel down's death row, isnt he?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 2, 2022