Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
One piece is fun and good, I'm happy I caught up some ways into want after years of not paying attention to it. Reading week-to-week is a great way to experience this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I liked Katakuri because it ended up in a mirror match in a mirror dimension, I like his goofy jaw and hunger for donuts.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Please do not tell the fanclub this is how I live.

Great cosplay, thanks for sharing :yarr:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Endorph posted:

so blackbeard could just drag hancock over to an apple tree, kill her, and hand the medusa fruit over to, iunno, whoever on his crew he thinks is the sexiest. i was going to joke about jesus but that man might actually be one of the better looking members of his crew.?

IDK where I read this, but Hancock's fruit supposedly works on people who have an emotional reaction to the user's appearance - so Blackbeard could basically turn anyone grossed out by him into stone. Kinda similar to the Big Mom power working only on people who are afraid of her.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
That sure was a chapter of one piece :eyepop:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Luffy got SO mad about hologram food

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm doing a rewatch of the anime while working and blueno turning luffy's head into a revolving door owns. And so does Kaku.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
drat this chapter was just showcasing new character designs left and right. Full-body shots of Vegapunk battlesuits, tropical Jinbei, Policeman Kuma, femLaw, Blackbeard and Burgess! Blackbeard is such a great villain and his crew is really interesting, now I'm even more eager to see the strawhats take them on.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Blackbeard's crew's fruits sound deceivingly simple, but I'm expecting a lot of surprises with creative power uses and awakenings. And at least some of these fruits are quite recent, Burgess was just a strong guy looking to eat the flame-flame fruit back in Dressrosa.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Jerusalem posted:

If Vegapunk ever explains how Devil Fruits work, it'll be in the background being ignored by everybody but a very polite Jinbe, while Luffy and Chopper gently caress around in the foreground chasing a cool bug they saw.

Oh, so they're mystery fruits *nods*

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I mean, haki can be used to punch logia users in their elemental forms, makes sense that it can combat other devil fruit effects when applied properly.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Law's crew has a bunch of heavy hitters who are REALLY pissed about not getting any screen time, not being involved in the alliance and so on.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Interesting note that even in the middle of Kamabakka Kingdom's utter bullshit and harmful stereotypes about "the predatory gays", Sanji refused to attack his pursuers because he considered them women.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Eiba posted:

[...] So that joke lands differently for me now.

At least there's some very conventionally attractive trans representation in one piece now too, like Yamato, Kiku and Sir Crocodile

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

:popeye:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I can feel it in my bones, Garp is going to grab that arm and throw the whole island over his shoulder

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Man I loving love the whole Garp thing going on but I also loving wanna see what's going on in Egghead Island to see what's up with York and the Straw Hats and CP0 but also what's up with the Revolutionaries??????????????? and it's like oh my god why can't there be 2 chapters of One Piece a week there's just so much going on and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

contemplating freezing myself for 5 years so i can binge through this arc in one go

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

anime was right posted:

https://opscans.com/chapter-1088-last-lesson/

early scans

shounen jumps on break next week, but the chap will probably hit early.

they did the stupid color thing again so maybe wait a few hours idk idc

:popeye:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
you made me google the population of the one piece world and apparently just the island of alabasta is longer than all of africa while fitting snugly in the grand line, making the world absolutely huge and thousands of "one in a millions" completely possible :reject:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
hell, the explicitly spelled out message of the last two chapters is "nobody is born a hero"

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
crazy that zeff lost his leg rescuing sanji in the anime, but ate it in the manga.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
i still have a lot of questions about luffy's fruit
is gear fifth a hybrid form or a full nika transformation? and what would the other form look like?
what if luffy eats a rumble ball?
how much has the fruit's own 'will' affected luffy's personality? did it 'choose' to get eaten by someone with the right temperament, since it's a god fruit that's been evading the government for hundreds of years, and especially zoan fruits have a mind of their own to some degree?
how does gear fifth affect luffy? is it taxing to maintain or just a spot in the regular -> fruit form transformation scale, where other zoan users can pick and maintain a form seemingly effortlessly?
i need answers, oda!

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Bonney is royalty, right? She's Kuma's daughter, and Kuma is the former king of *checks one piece wiki* Sorbet kingdom. She probably ranks somewhere around the celestial dragons in world government pecking order? They can't just order her to be killed offhand.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I appreciated the episode, but yeah it was very obvious that all the budget went into a few minutes of animation and the rest is padding, it is what it is :shrug: just happy to see G5 animated.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I started reading the manga a bit after they started releasing translated physical volumes in my country and kept up until... Skypiea? I think? Then I caught up with the anime multiple times along the years, and got into reading the manga weekly during wano. Crazy that it's been like 20 years since I started.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Have you ever thought about how much weight the D carries? Calling your protagonist just Monkey Luffy would be ridiculous.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

"Break next week"

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I liked the work they put into tying the adventure-per-island story into a more connected whole, and overall the season was a pretty fun watch.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Luffy wants to be the freest man on the sea so he can escape the world government's tyrannical laws and reach his real dream of marrying a giant piece of meat on a bone and then eating it

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Hmm nice words, but they deleted Gaimon so obviously this is a lie

Chapter spoiler Re-reading Kizaru’s dialog before his supermassive attack, it sounds like he’s got his own agenda and actually wants to save Vegapunk. Could just be a bad translation though.

I’m thinking there’s some sort of relationship between kizaru and vegapunk, since the lazer beams are based on his devil fruit powers. We got a bit more aokiji backstory during the last cutaway, maybe this time we get something with kizaru/kuma/bonnie?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Gear fifth loving rules. Best thing to happen for the manga in years.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
That brings up a good question, why and how did two Baroque Works mooks get their hands on the world's leading genius' cutting-edge tech? I get Spandam having a elephord, the leader of CP9 probably gets his hands on a cool new toy if he whines enough, but the molewoman and mr. baseball? Did they steal or smuggle the dog from Vegapunk's lab? Did Croc get it for them somehow? They have an established combat style involving the dog so I assume they've been a unit for a while before Alabasta? And how do you feed a fruit to an object??

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

whoah what's with all the good posts on this page

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
:eyepop: the one piece is real good

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

soulful :five:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I wouldn't mind foxy popping in for a davy back fight between every arc if it meant that the anime was more briskly paced than 1 = 1 chapters into episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Vegapunk calls Bonnie 'just a child' again, makes you wonder what her true age is