Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tolth posted:

So, we're in our final thread before the series ends, huh?

it wouldn't even surprise me if it lasted another 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Which poster itt has the highest bounty

how would you calculate that

comparing rap sheets or

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that looney toons are the form ultimate power has taken in the one piece universe

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am pretty sure the Cross Guild will be rivals in the final battle.

cross guild will get there right after luffy leaves but before the press arrives so buggy can be proclaimed pirate king

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fecha posted:

:magical:

I mean, dude is made of fire. Wouldn't nothing unrelated to haki or seastone hurt him?

I'm sure sabo's fine and I'm still betting on there being a repeat of marineford where luffy succeeds in saving his brother this time, but like

the island is gone. sabo can't swim. seems like a pretty simple way for him to die there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hatty posted:

Can he just like become fire like Alucard can become mist and just waft away?

ace needed a boat to travel between islands

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fecha posted:

If this is Vegapunk straight up I'll be bummed cuz the design is kinda bland and I've been hyping them up in my head for like ten years

it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was vegapunk jr

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the father-daughter pair is so ubiquitous in one piece that I didn't even consider other options at first tbh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fishman island to dressrosa is the weakest stretch of the series but from zou on is a big return to form

pre time skip doesn't have any big slumps. it's consistently good and peaks higher imo. but still, the worst of one piece is only mid rather than actively bad and that's kinda nuts for how long it is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Law referred to all those powers as stolen powers so probably only recently

maybe they got them when they raided the revolutionaries. that virus is basically iva's fruit power after all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I think there's going to be an invasion of Elbaf with the Seraphim but it might be during the Elbaf arc itself. Like the others above said, I think it would be the perfect place for a confrontation with Akainu and the Marines right before the final stretch vs Blackbeard (and maybe Shanks)

I still think the final confrontation with akainu/the marines is gonna be a repeat of whitebeard's assault on marineford

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Flair posted:

There are certain moments when a character supposedly dies in One Piece, only to be shown later to have survived. For most of these fake deaths, their revival has not lead to much, if anything at all. For Saul especially, I hope his involvement is actually meaningful to the story. Nonetheless, it looks like we are going Elbaf.

Anyway, Vegapunk has an interesting design. Also his head seems to have shrunk now that he has split off into other beings.

speaking of character deaths, what's the over/under on pacifista ace

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No Wave posted:

It doesn't feel like Luffy and Lucci are about to fight. It would make sense if they did but it just doesn't seem like the arc is going in that direction.

yea I can see like 1 exchange of blows or something but then they get split up somehow

either way lucci doesn't have to be static for it to feel weird to have luffy struggle against him after beating the guy called the world's strongest creature, even if he can't use gear 5 at will. this could be one of those times after a big arc where luffy gets to clown on some guy to show how much stronger he is now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

touching the ice in the summit war didn't seem to do anything so prolly not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

There's a 0% chance that Jump is going to let those magazine sales slip by

sure, that may be factually accurate. but have you considered that a man's dreams never die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

now that we know the world is sinking I'm wondering whether the redline is natural or not