Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
you have to get minoru suzuki in there before any other wrestler is allowed. that's just the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I need them to put the gun that ate a dogdog fruit in the live action.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'd argue that before jinbei luffy's crew was all human

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

I guess Chopper did eat the Human Human Fruit, but in terms of how others perceive him, definitely not.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Herzog as Hiriluk.....

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's kind of a shame Netflix joined the amptp as I heard the deals they were making as an independent entity were relatively progressive

But also gently caress Capital H Hollywood. Go unions

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I mean one piece IS pretty lefty as far as shonen-rear end shonen goes

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i'd just lean harder into buddha but weird

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

So I just remembered that I have a copy of a very early draft of the script for the first episode and there are some interesting things in there that were removed. I assume it's real since I got it from a reputable source and some of the dialogue is exactly the same and I've had this file for like 2 years at least.

Sengoku and Kong are in the first scene, and are the ones on the execution platform.
Roger actually says The Thing.
Shanks was the narrator rather than Ian McShane.
The first episode has all of Romance Dawn.
Zoro/Mr 7 stuff is after RD
There are scenes on Goat Island rather than just Alvida's boat
They really clumsily namedrop every East Blue arc's villains in one go
It ends with the first half of Shells Town

It's curious to see how things were rearranged and changed. It seems to be a more faithful adaptation in a lot of places.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

to be fair in the japanese he doesn't say one piece, in such terms, either. it's roughly "i left it there"

but not saying anything was super weird yes

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Bleck posted:

“I left it there in one piece” or whatever was a 4kids invention. It’s canon that the One Piece is what it came to be known as some time after Roger’s execution.

Give it up

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

there is no universe where they pause the anime and give up the most primo timeslot possible

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Why couldn't Hacchi be replaced in the story with one of the other LA fishmen that are cheaper to film? Do we need the takoyaki detail?
this. just have the weird ugly stripy fishman play that role if they somehow got there.

also gaimon was in the live action, very vaguely kinda sorta

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

having straw hat timeskip stories as the b-plots is definitely the way to go imo

what'll be a real problem is later when the crew is split up across several arcs

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

you would have to just

put the whole sanji one in the trash and start over

i feel like it'd be out of character for la sanji even if it was a world where that was kosher

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it's probably the tasteful way to go

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Drakkel posted:

They will probably edit the bit where Usopp tells Luffy to wear an afro because it'll make him punch like a black person, yes.

this is a reference to afro'd okinawan/japanese boxing legend yoko gushiken, not a race thing

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

and then zou is the first couple of whole cake. ezpz

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

lmao at the idea that that era of one piece scanlators were interested in anything except literal translation.

they just didn't know

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it's no late loguetown episode but gift horses and all that

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

That is definitely the voice of someone chainsmoking for the last 26 years

yeah he sounds like someone who's insanely loving cool

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

but they lord of the rings perspective him to look real big

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i'm genuinely more ok with rat chopper

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

seriously use netflix's henson connections and get the dark crystal people on it

e: like fuckin LOOK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_owZfYVR8

just make his face a liiiittle more deerlike so you don't need human lips and this works 100%

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2023

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Box-Set-Dressrosa/dp/1974725960

Box set #4, and the other ones are going for around $100 each atm on Amazon. Must have reprinted them recently, was a lot more last I had checked.

wow i like these a lot less than the japanese box sets.

looking like books on the back is real good imo

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i was thinking about that the other day the the eyebrow gag isn't worth it in live action because they're not gonna reasonably be able to keep the one eye covered.

they can, however, keep them on sanji's wanted poster

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I have no idea how the live action is gonna handle Wapol’s everything

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

the chopper film is also very good. also very weird and i don't know why it was made.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

that genuinely sounds more interesting to me

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Honestly most of them aren't bad. A couple suck a lot, but mostly they're just kinda bland which i'd argue is worse.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

He's just like a samurai

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

WAIT

I just realized something about OPLA season 2

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah that's because joyboys hat is the big one

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

This is a series with a gun that ate a magic dog fruit. Crocs secret could be literally anything. It doesn't have to be reasonable or even serious.

It could be that croc exclusively wears undies with Teddie bears on them

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Also kuina was from a weird wano-ite island that for all we know could've been outcast for something

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Austin Powers respects women more than Sanji

he does. austin is actually all about consent. those movies hold up super well in that regard, surprisingly

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

we all miss the days of respecting the untranslatable terms nakama and mikan

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Eiba posted:

Sorry, what do you want to translate mikan to? It's the name of a fruit.

I guess they're sold as Satsuma oranges in the US? That would be a kind of awkward thing to call them.

They're tangerines. There is a direct translation.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

what a bad way to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The fight for the one piece will absolutely be a Davy Back fight