Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like anime movies because nothing really matters and they do the big moves I like.

And I'm doing the moves along with them at the same time, hell yeah

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fecha posted:

I definitely took it as Kuma being 'programmed' to serve whoever he's around. He was handed off between World Nobles, after all.

100% this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gruckles posted:

I think that twitter person is just lying. The crappy photo they attached is from SBS 96 when Oda was asked to draw a personification of Brook's sword, and their account was created just to make that tweet.

Lmao if this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Given Netflix these days I very strongly doubt this show will run for very many seasons, but I'm kind of curious as to how the show would handle future arcs. Season 2 being Baroque Works seems like the easiest bet in the world, but I wonder if they'd try to consolidate or rush through Skypeia at the end of that season or the beginning of Season 3 to get to Water 7/Enies Lobby quicker. I don't think they'd skip it because even ignoring all the poo poo that you'd want to cover like Blackbeard and Luffy going up against Enel, you desperately need at least one arc between Alabasta and Water 7 where Robin is present. I think it'd be a real challenge for them either way though because I feel like Skypeia doesn't quite have enough going on to support a full season. Maybe that's just the fact that Skypeia's never been my favorite arc speaking, though.

Now I'm really trying to figure this out, though. If they did, like, 4-5 episodes of Jaya and Skypeia, 1 of Long Ring Long Land to introduce Aokiji (I have no faith they would cover the Davy Back Fight but they should), they could do 2-3 episodes of Water 7 and leave the rest on a cliffhanger.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

360 nosliced

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bondster posted:

https://twitter.com/orojapan1/status/1566221596053979137?s=21&t=wzNAF2AduRjSndDs2WmIDA

What a strange way to announce when Film Red is coming to the US

As part of a broadcast of a college football game for USC

I think they had the marching band perform OP songs as part of a tie-in, that might be part of why. I remember hearing something to that effect. Still weird, obviously.

e: yeah

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1565803331120795648

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The rubber body thing is contrived, sure, but it's fundamentally an excuse to take the power to its most absurd limit, and it does that without ever undermining how utterly goofy Luffy's powerset is, so I appreciate it. I've mentioned it before but I really love that Luffy's power is all about comically deforming his own body. Gear 4 kinda went too far for a while in that it was too traditionally "badass," but Gear 5 is perfect in that regard.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: ahahahaha

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really feel like that confirms beyond all doubt that Yamato's not joining.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oda is trying to kill the audience with sustained hype so he doesn't have to finish one piece

stay strong, friends

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

No, I think that's still being kept a secret.

No, it was clearly Oda being lazy and skipping that page. The dream is implied.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cat Machine posted:

So we know now the Void Century was Imu basically committing planetary genocide on all the countries that opposed him?? And only a select few people managed to live on?

Yeah, I had the same thought. This seems like exactly what happened to that country that got wiped off the map.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Terper posted:

Luffy grabs a biiig pot and the beams curve back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5gUh5MkRQ&t=228s

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHA T

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

r00tn00b posted:

I was reading this on a call and forgot i was not muted and said, no, screamed HOLY gently caress out loud

Lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think this is the real Vegapunk for a couple different reasons, but it'd be funny if, hypothetically, Oda just, like, forgot about saying he's a dude earlier until people point it out, and then had to backtrack quickly. Serialized storytelling can get weird/fun like that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pre-timeskip One Piece has better and more frequent emotional payoffs, but I really like the way post-timeskip One Piece emphasizes the scale of the story.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The best part of that bit is, of course, Robin reminding everyone that they'd have to be crewmates with Foxy, so they can't just take him

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

I forget is the punchline to Robin here that she spawned some extra arms on the boat to row while she reads?

You can see one of them in the panel where Nami is crying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She was already a character in the show a while back (she was Otohime), but that's about as good as you could hope for. Still probably gonna see it subbed for Ado.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saw a preview trailer for the dub of Film Red, they do not appear to be dubbing the songs, fwiw

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, okay. I definitely did watch a trailer with English voices where the song was in Japanese, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nuebot posted:

But could luffy beat superman

yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i refuse to elaborate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

good chap

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why would they cancel it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like the idea that Sugar's power wouldn't work on someone with strong Haki like Law or Luffy is contradictory to the whole point of Usopp's big scene in Dressrosa where he retraumatizes her.

I don't actually care about Law shaking off Doc Q's power here, but I like that scene in Dressrosa so I don't like people suggesting that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also Ivankov's whole deal seems way more permanent

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized

Doc Q can probably give you I'll-Die-If-I-Go-On-That-Island Disease.

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jerusalem posted:

I hope it is Burgess vs. Jinbe, just so Burgess can go on and on about how strong he is and how big his muscles are and then Jinbe starts effortlessly flipping him about and using leverage to completely humiliate him.

So, the inverse of that "get rotated idiot" meme, basically

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That would be, uh, rather difficult

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oddium posted:

remember to thank these guys

thank's

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played a short demo of it at a con recently. Robin has the Dos Fleurs: Clutch attack, 10/10

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

Lmao this rules and also I'd believe it in-canon since we've never really gotten much of a look at how collecting bounties works (though I think Oda wrote in an SBS that they generally just arrest the bounty hunters too)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*taking notes* Oh wow, what a coincidence, I also share a bank PIN with... uh... Mankey D. Loofy or whatever. What about you guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm about to see Film Red and the person behind me in the line for concessions pointed to a Luffy cosplayer and said "I don't know his name, he might be One Piece"