Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't believe sabo is fuckin dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Blackbeard's strategy continuing to be just loving charge in when he thinks he can win no matter how much damage he'll take because he can take it even if it'll loving hurt remains my favorite comparison to Luffy who has a similar approach but doesn't care if the odds are in his favorite at all. Especially when it keeps leading to Blackbeard eating poo poo and this being called out.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Aokiji and Blackbeard is absolutely gonna be a case of who backstabs who first because there's no way Blackbeard doesn't think there's some very weird about an ex admiral deciding to join up with him.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Coby is obviously gonna be the Garp to Luffy's Rodger while he goes around causing trouble living his free life Coby is gonna have to deal with the effects and chase him down to please consider just settling down.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Unless we explicitly see attacks sparking without directly connecting I'm just gonna think it's regular strong haki like Luffy stopping Doflamingo in Dressrosa

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Probably an informal arrangement of "Don't attack one of the emperor's, and they won't start actively going after Marine bases/ships they crosspaths with" and attacking an Emperor is a drat good way of pissing them off and risking a full on war.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Bonney making herself buff by time poo poo to threaten Vegapunk is a great moment.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Got it in a shaving accident actually.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kid hosed up and immediately went for his big gun forcing Shanks to immediately go and crush him due to the massive risk he posed to his allies/Eblaf itself.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I absolutely believe Shanks wouldn't have just gone to destroy Kidd if he didn't immediately pull out his nuke and threaten to kill a shitton of people in the crossfire but openly challenged him like he was probably expecting. Instead Shank immmedaitely treats Kidd as a massive threat that has to be put down brutally now and his giant allies clean up

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's a mystery flame.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Enel was also a big deal who needed a whole complicated machine to really do it compared to people just doing it as matter of fact.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Useless "Craptain" Mid and Filler

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's no doubt my head a Celestial Prince tried making a slave doing this at some point or another.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I hope it was something as dumb/obvious as tricking her to say for them to stand down in response to someone asking about it

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kizaru not treating Luffy as do or die can also be explained by the fact they explicitly want to just get out and the fighting is to keep Kizaru occupied until they can make time to get out.

This is different from the fight with Kaido where he HAD to be beaten for good or everyone gets killed or enslaved by him.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Waiting for Luffy to punch the poo poo out of a Gorosei.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Buggy D Clown is 100% going to be a thing around the same time the D is finally gonna be explained to cement his status as pirate king in title

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Blackbeard exists to eat poo poo then immediately get up and hit back as hard and it's great.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also assumes Big Mom wouldn't taste it and immediately spit it out either given how disgusting they are either.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyway I do agree on how absurdly evil the CDs have been elevated to in the recent chapters given the whole tri-annual island manhunt poo poo.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

One Pieces power level memes are pretty great and mostly good hearted joking around from all I see.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Blackbeard being a fake D who is focused on collecting Devil Fruits to augment himself and his crew compared to Luffy being a proper D whose power comes almost from his own creativity with his fruit along with own inherent/trained strength feels like a far more obvious lead to the two fighting to settle who will be pirate king in my opinion. Also BB being pretty directly responsible for Ace's death along with him being setup as some form of inheritor of Xebecs own will given the name of his ship and setting up shop on where Xebec originally formed his crew.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I guarantee there will be a scene where Blackbeard locks down Luffy's Nika powers, we get a flashback to Kaido saying how Roger conquered the sea without a Devil Fruit and that Haki conquers all, then we smash cut to Luffy uppercutting Blackbeard with Conquerer's Haki.

Luffy managing to embody Nika by raw determination and will and not needing devil fruit powers to contrast BB own focus on it is something I really wanna see now.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Saturn is such a piece of poo poo. Can't wait to see him eat some armament flavored payback from Kuma.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Whitebeard just looks like a giant dude grown up unlike Kuma, some people are just weird lookin' kids, or just weird in general.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

More importantly, it's pirates that aren't actively going after your stuff generally, there's unaffiliated nations for them to go after that aren't your problem at all also along with going after other pirates who will probably have loot or other stuff.

V Well Kuma is the most advanced weapon created who likely wouldn't be as strong without all the cyborg modifications done by Vega so I don't think it hurts that much in hindsight. But also there's a clear gap between losers sticking in Paradise vs people who go around in the New World

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 1, 2024

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mihawk took one good at look at Luffy and realized he was insanely dangerous just from his ability to recruit just about anyone.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also can paralyze you with their eyes to make eating you easier apparently.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Eiba posted:

It's his literal brain, as far as we know. He ate the Nomi Nomi no Mi allowing his brain to physically expand infinitely as he gains more knowledge. That's why he has such a gross giant head in all the flashbacks, and a cute/disturbing apple thing currently. He would not be able to move himself if he still had his current brain attached to his body.

It's always been a kind of confusing complication to his escape plan.

I'm assuming he still has some part of his brain in his head that'd allow him to leave if the worst were to happen, he'd just lose access to all of his accumulated stuff in Punk Brain is the main problem but as long as it isn't outright destroyed he could return one day.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All that most people know is that the One Piece is a massive treasure left by Gold Roger, those in the know understand it's far more valuable than just a pile of treasure. Whether Blackbeard knows this is unclear, but either way it's a way to secure himself as the strongest and freest pirate free to do whatever he want before he sets eyes on the World Government if he wanted to.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We already have Franky.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Chopper sold drugs to Bepo.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All Blackbeard fights start with him screaming and being covered in blood after being lightly tapped, only to declare it's actually victory wine and then crush the opponent and it's great.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Last I remember they were pretty able to deal with them besides heart chats from S-Snake at least among the heavy hitters of the crew, but were threats to everyone else which is still the vast majority of most Yonko crews.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't wait for Urogue to finally show up again in Elbaf.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Not only does he canonically fucks, it's one of his listed hobbies meaning it's super important to him that he gets to gently caress.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Re-reading one piece is good and cool to see a bunch of older stuff that has come true/became relevant to far more than we thought.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The crew already have one emergency ration, does the crew really need another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Captain Midd by the way.