Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

One Piece is good and real and my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Terper posted:

Just finished Dressrosa on my re-read. Good arc! I wish the strings of the birdcage could be cut but immediately reattach themselves. Also the solution to Luffy breaking free from Doffy's strings being "he just does" is bad. Should have encountered him earlier ala Crocodile and had to work out a solution between encounters.

The Birdcage is such a cool concept when they were raiding Drake's dad's mansion, but it's such a contrivance in Dressrosa. It should've been inverted, where Doffy just surrounded him and Luffy in it as a timer. Fujitora would've offered to cut the string, but Zoro would stop him because that's not what Luffy wants. But I'm also not the most successful manga author of all time, so maybe not.

As for Gear 4, Boundman is ehhhh, but Snakeman is the coolest poo poo. I don't really count Tankman, mainly cause the Cracker fight is also whatever.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sucks that Mr 3 and friends have backstabbed our boy Buggy, but soon they'll be begging for forgiveness, clowns always get the last laugh.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 26, 2022

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well it's pretty obvious who will cure Luffy's incurable disease that Roger died from.

That's right, Law.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

According to the wiki Buggy is 39 and Caesar is 40.

That means Buggy is a scientific genius, his brother worked for THE Vegapunk!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

The cover page showing Katakuri and Oven duking it out, each hallucinating the other as an enemy was also extremely cool.

Ceasar > Katakuri confirmed!

Wild chap, nice to catch up on everyone before we get to the new island, maybe next week is a Vivi chapter.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Buggy will become the Pirate King, therefore he will go to Laugh Tale, so if Mihawk wants to find Zoro then all he needs to do is follow Buggy. Oda's doing it again!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

One Piece: Goldmine

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4283/one-piece-chapter-1060

One Piece is real good this week.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 15, 2022

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

While the Gorosei think Sabo is unlucky I think Im chose that random island with vague context because they knew Sabo would be there, two birds with one large UFO kinda stone. Whether it's a fruit power or a alien power or whatever, we'll have to see.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Nah there's only like 9 or 10 chapters left this year

He'll just say it nonchalantly next chapter, "Devil Fruit powers are stored in the balls."

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Does One Pace still keep the awful flashback of Hody and pals being captured by humans therefore ruining the entire message of the arc?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I look forward to the new One Piece chapter every second of my life, but that run from Water 7 to Marineford is the best the manga has ever been. I have a very hard time putting it down if I get around to rereading it.

It's impressive how long Oda was able to keep the wheels of Wano going for, all the way back from Punk Hazard, and while he didn't completely stick the landing, it was a great arc and I'm glad we've got a brand new, fresh story ready and waiting.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I do love Dressrosa, but it's really long, but drat is has some great characters, but the bird cage is so stupid, but what a great entry into the scale the world is gonna be from now on.

Punk Hazard would be better if it hadn't been mostly cold half and clinical research facility. I think Oda wanted a drawing break after Fishman Island lol. I think they spent like 3 chapters on the hot side?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ussop: Wait a second! In his last fight Mister Surgeon here couldn't stand up to Doffy. Now here he is fighting Big Mom. In her second form!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

drat this is great, if they keep this up, I get to read the chapter spoilers, the bad translation, the good translation and the official release. Hopefully one day there's a variation on a new chapter for every day of the week.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It seems Oda has made the decision to not focus on Law's crew, or even Kid's, outside of Killer.

So far Law's crew seemingly spent most of the timeskip on Zou while Law was on Punk Hazard. They weren't allowed by the minks to fight Jack and then were stuck in the submarine when Onigashima rose up. This did let them save Luffy but after riding up on Momo there wasn't really any time in the raid to do anything.

I think it's nice that Law wants to travel with a bunch of weaklings cause they're friends. But it does mean he's a little hosed.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We're making the anime good!

AS IF!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I will always stand by Dressrosa being an amazing arc.

Just not all at once.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I will separate Water 7 and Enies Lobby because it's a different island. Also because I like Water 7 more.

I also like the setup of Wano more than the execution in Onigashima, but I believe Oda doesn't always stick the landing with everything he sets up. Gets very close though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sensei: Humans are fragile things, Zolo Zorro.
Humans: ???

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Golden Week for the fourth time this year! :argh:

I assume.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

He's the third strongest of the Roger pirates, so the Jinbe of our crew.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Even Akainu is confused his smack talk actually worked, one of the funniest panels in retrospect.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God if we somehow get an extended cover story arc or something of Law stuck with Garp temporarily as they escape the Blackbeard pirates, realizing that Luffy's apple didn't fall all that far from the tree.

Coby literally strapped to Law's head to help carry him around.

Garp: You're not gonna kill this brat, he's gonna join the Marines!
Law: Like hell I am!!!

With how the entire BB crew has been spread out to carry out whatever plan he's got, it wouldn't surprise me if there was already some of his crew on Elbaf and they were planning on meeting up after BB was finished with whoever he encountered.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

reading the spoilers is going on a boring adventure

The spoiler free posters are Luffy, and the spoiler readers are Robin.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Me first seeing Bakkin: What a liar, obviously the great Whitebeard would never stoop to her level
Me seeing a younger Bakkin: Oh they were fuckin'.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Make no mistake, the anime looks really pretty now and a lot of effort goes into the cool fight scenes. But it's still awful and not worth watching week to week.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

For half the characters that will show up for the final battle, Luffy will have no idea who they are.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

When they actually show us footage and how the show will handle the many, many issues present in live action anime, then we can quickly figure out how long it'll last.

I'm not holding my breath.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Lucci and Kaku are going to end up being dragged into being unwilling allies by the end of this arc

Luffy: Back off, light guy, you can't kill pigeon guy, he's gonna join my crew!
Lucci: Like hell I am!!!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

On Ice is a weird title for the next movie, but I'm sure the animation will look incredibly realistic!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The first thing Ussop sees upon being restored is a kidnapped Saturn sitting on the Sunny's lawn while Luffy and Lucci argue what to do with him.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Shame that Kidd went down like a bitch, but I do like the events that took place, Shanks going from "haha, these guys sure want a fight- OH poo poo KIDD WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" is a good reason why Kidd lost immediately.

Can't wait for his third fight to avenge losing his other arm.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Urouge even has a Devil Fruit, but all we know is it makes him become even larger when taking damage to make him even stronger. Truly a man of mystery.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He's wearing a rubber!
How did that happen?

Yo ho ho he's going down on your mum!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Weird decisions aside from weird people, that was a kickass chapter. I love how everything is happening all at once all over the place.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wanna see me read a chapter?

Wanna see me read it again?

Also there was 12 hours between the different versions being posted. I'm glad that people are strong enough to resist but I'm definitely not, gimme all the info about a chapter and give it to me as soon as possible!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Luffy vs Garp in Marineford is one of the best fights in the series, he was very well handled, and it's great to see him go all out for something he believes in for Coby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Are you saying that we are, on the cruise?