Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i really hope these last few years are more like the sambody reef to timeskip stretches. Just shorter, high-tension arcs one after the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Terper posted:

I want Luffy to paint a tunnel and walk through it

he tries that but the tunnel is so ugly it doesn't work. Then Ussop paints one, everyone tries to stop Luffy from running at top speed towards it but it does work

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't like the way the article is structured, but lol it's from chapters 729 to 976. 6 years and 4 months.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My assumption is that Yamato, Katakuri, and Bartolomeo are going to be like generals to the Straw Hat fleet and handle stuff worldwide while the actual crew is doing stuff with the center of the world/one piece/big hat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've only gotten to Strong World of the recent movies, but I can totally believe that in manga canon, Shiki was up to everything he was but before he could start attacking West Blue, someone like Kid accidentally found him and wiped him out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The end of fishman island is so rad now that Luffy has done every thing he said he would along with what Jimbei said would be most convenient

Oh yeah the loving treasure is boonytrapped too hahah

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 28, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can deffo buy in on Croc letting himself go for a few years and basically giving up ambition of ever being on the level of Kaido. Both those things together direly weaken him until he got his groove back at Impel Down, and for the past two years he's been working himself up to even stronger than before Kaido whopped his rear end.

This also cements in my head that if Robin had simply told Croc that Pluton was in Wano, he would've crumbled and given himself up on the spot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:bignews:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Somehow, some way, Cyborg Jinzoningen Lunarian Child Buggy will save the day. Maybe they'll be a coward as well, Buggy will accidentally make it seem like he doesn't wanna hurt them, the Lunarian Buggy hugs him, all the Lunarian Cyborgs go "it's true, we don't have to fight!" and Buggy gets all the adorable ultra weapons to himself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

it sure be like that sometimes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

r00tn00b posted:

I am so upset at this chapter, Caribou knows what luffy's dream is and I dont

What if Caribou is the only person who wholly believes in Luffy's dream?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What if the powerful weather is not from a winter island, but rather the after effects of Uranus?

I think it's relatively easy to wipe an island from history, if you're in the grand line the magnetic field goes away after a bit, newspapers simply don't talk about it since there's no traveling to it and nobody can raise too much of a fuss thanks to all the borders. If it's in one of the 4 seas then it's trickier, but not by that much since you gotta silence a 4th of the world rather than everyone. I assume this drastic measure happens very rarely.

Now, then, if those were to be the conditions, then what happens when you lock to the magnetic field of an island just before it gets blown away? What would they find??

One year from now i wanna make a meme like "heheh uranus go" and then the anime adaptation of this with blown out audio

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 19, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I swear to God some of you mofos were saying we would never see Vegapunk life five pages ago lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Started watching Film Z. So far I'm enjoying it more than any movie i've seen (which has only been the Hosoda one and Strong World). The plot is very anime movie plot with "these stones you never heard of before and will never hear of again are actually about as strong as the big lore superweapons a lot of the story revolves around" and "this guy was a friend of one of hte old badasses and is making the sequel to that antagonist faction" but Z and his crew's powers are very interesting to see, and just getting more focus on the Navy in this point in OP (i'm short ways into Punk Hazard on my re-read) is very welcome. Let's see what happens after the 30 minute mark.

I was really impressed by Sanji saying this. One of the villains can reverse your body by 12 years, and Nami and Robin are hit by it, turning then six and eighteen respectably. I was very happy that Sanji wouldn't consider any of that appealing and just focused on the wellbeing of the women he cares for.
"was" is the most important word there. :negative:

wait wait wait the sea train??? in the new world???????

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA??????

okay the movie's good again

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 30, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just finished watching Z. I really liked it! While Strong World really felt like a One Piece story that happened to be retreading stuff, this just felt like a fully original short arc. It was great but my train of thought was stopped by this loving Joan Jett's Bad Reputation jumpscare!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Endorph posted:

funfact its a cover of bad reputation by avril lavigne and its in the movie because lavigne is a one piece fan and sent a letter to oda

lmao that's loving awesome

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

I look forward to the new One Piece chapter every second of my life, but that run from Water 7 to Marineford is the best the manga has ever been. I have a very hard time putting it down if I get around to rereading it.

It's impressive how long Oda was able to keep the wheels of Wano going for, all the way back from Punk Hazard, and while he didn't completely stick the landing, it was a great arc and I'm glad we've got a brand new, fresh story ready and waiting.

Yeah, that stretch is just peak shonen. New World is by no stretch bad, it's just not hitting the like 3 years of peaks all those arcs were hitting.

I really hope we are going into something similar, that Wano is meant to be the Water 7 of the backhalf and now we're getting a string of shorter arcs as we approach the final war.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Quick, everyone name the arc we're currently on while hardly knowing anything about it.

You are not allowed to call it the Egg-head Island arc that's boring

Hazard: Punk.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cloks posted:

I think I'm sick with "I need to read the new chapter" disease.

I got that "absolutely cannot wait until Monday" disease.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm gomu gomu no gattling the F5 key but no chapter is coming out wtf

don't suggest to use haki because that broke my last computer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Julias posted:

there's so much to dissect in this chapter it's crazy.

one thing i want to highlight because there's potential for it to be relevant later

technology that allows for you to interact with and touch light...wonder if there's a certain admiral who this would be useful for taking care of

Enel comes back only for everyone to have those gloves equipped

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm only aware of it, but i'm getting some Cyborg 009 vibes? if you turn 9 upside down you get 6 and i dunno?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I love this so much

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I know that the movies are non-cannonical, but in this instance it's weird because of the Uta episodes they've put into the anime.

The Wanted reward levels + Jinbei's inclusion implies that he joined the Straw Hat crew, and then they immediately halt their assault on Onigashima to go to Uta's concert :v:

It's a loving Uta concert, of course everyone used their PTO to take the weekend off for it then finish the assault on Monday.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1579669158496985091?t=qHPSj8Y_rqDfmpG8hw_OCg&s=19
Silly Oda giggling years and years ago

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I forgot about Franky during Punk Hazard lol. It's gotta be like a whole year of chapters he doesn't show up in, right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

How is the butt plug business these days?

That's insider knowledge.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

one piece good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Super cool chapter, but I'm on dressrosa in my reread and i had to do a double-take

What if the tiger guy that can turn invisible is the one who saw "Sabo" kill Cobra???

wait, no, he got killed during Wano nvm

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 17, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Logia type. :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm still in the first third of Dressrosa, but as i'm inching closer towards finishing this re-read, I gotta say Law's crew is probably gonna end up feeling a bit like an afterthought. They were just vibing elsewhere while Law hung out for a year at Punk Hazard, then we meet them, what? 200 chapters ago? they're barely in Wano, and that cool bear guy isn't even a Zoro clone so Law doesn't have a buddy up there like Luffy and Kid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ah, so it's a mysterious tiny arm...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You can't loving have Vegapunk say "Dragon" and then have "BREAK NEXT WEEK", that's cruel!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

One Piece is literally structured like a jrpg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Orange Town arc is that part in the JRPG where you're basically out of the tutorial, but you only have half your active party, so everything's technically easy but 1 thing goes wrong and now Luffy is near death, Nami's nowhere to be seen and Zoro had 0 MP from the start anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I got Pedro :smith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm on chapter 733 of my re-read and i'm really dreading the birdcage now lol. I binged Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake and the first half of Wano a few years back when I finally caught up. At the time I dind't mind the cage too much, it was obviously very long, but now that i'm refreshing the entirety of OP at once, like. 100 chapters is pretty long for 1 arc, and a third in Oda is already whipping out the diagrams so what the gently caress is gonna go on for the next seventy chapters.

Also Sabo really just walks back into the story.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Remember hokuba, Cavendish 's evil sleepwalker mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gyges posted:

When Blackbeard laughs it's ZEE HAHAHA

When Teech laughs it's ZEA HAHAHA

Stupid auto correct