Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
pretty sure all the drinking Whitebeard did did not help him either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Remember that one SBS that said that if Crocodile's bounty wasn't frozen it'd be double? HA

Also, I wonder how many billions Enel would be worth if he were in this part of the story.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It might be a pun since other bounties are like that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Honestly you can kinda at least see it with how Moria was handled, like yeah Luffy beats up the bad man in both cases but with Moria it never doesn’t feel like he would have defeated pre-skip Luffy in a straightforward slugfest with Base Luffy and not Nightmare Luffy vs Mecha Oars before Moria pulled a Vegeta and got too salty to fight with a level head with Shadows Asgard.

But Luffy has his Gears when he fought Moria. If Luffy had Gear 2nd when he fought Crocodile, he could have ended things much more quickly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Maybe Marines are what they call the people who work for the Navy?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many normal volumes does this cover? And do they keep the SBS?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Cloks posted:

you can tell where the volumes are by the black flashback pages

Going by that logic, it seems this whole thing covers all the way up to Enies Lobby.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if Blackbeard wants Hancock's Devil Fruit not because he wants to use it, but to prevent the Navy from obtaining it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The moment where Zoro rushes over to grab Wiper's seastone after Enel revives and takes out Wiper is interesting because we never really see seastone used by the Straw Hats, except when Ussop captures Caesar Clown in Thriller Punk.

I know it's a bit late, but I think you mean Punk Hazard. And now that I think about it, I guess the Punk part of the name comes from Vegapunk.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Caidin posted:

I just want Tashigi to kick Zolo's poo poo in, proper. I don't care if Vegapunk has to give her a Raiden-esque full cyborg conversion. Just make it happen.

This just made me imagine an AMV of Luffy vs Kaido with "It Has To Be This Way" playing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Julias posted:

Remember Zoro was the first one who made it back to the Thousand Sunny and met Kuma defending the ship. I imagine he's planning on asking Vegapunk what that was all about

Zoro may have been the first back to that island, but Franky was second and the first back to Thousand Sunny.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Lilith is very much a nasty crime girl who wants to steal.

So pre-timeskip Nami?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nuebot posted:

But could luffy beat superman

Only if Haki is magical enough, Superman is weak to magic.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Seeing as how they only list one power for each person in Blackbeard's crew, it seems that only Blackbeard can have more than one fruit power.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

We've seen before that that there are fruits that have similar powers but one is superior to the other.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Cloks posted:

official is out

I'm just noticing it now, but what is that thing sticking from the back? A tail?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The hormone one only works one at a time meanwhile the sickness one can spread to many people.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

lih posted:

it's not the regular scanlation team, someone unusually beat them to it with much worse quality scans & translation

Just like the old days.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Cat Machine posted:

JaminisBox... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...

Them and MangaStream

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do we have enough characters for a birthday every day of the year?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Meme Emulator posted:

I cant find it but i swear one of the one piece youtubers looked into it and they said there were only 3 unclaimed days left.

Cloks posted:

I don't see any blanks on the Library of Ohara birthday calendar.
The very bottom says:

quote:

March 15th, September 27th and December 23rd remain as the very last days without birthdays!

I think something is out of date.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I have a friend reading One Piece and when they got to the Yamato reveal they asked me "Is Yamato a girl or a guy?" I answered a guy and I feel they didn't believe me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Someone earlier mentioned Naruto and the 6 Paths of Pain. This cloning business is also reminding me of the Uchiha clones.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

He'll succeed once he defeats Shiryu and a flight of stairs at the same time.

So kinda like this?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Gosh, 24 openings. I don't think any other show has that many openings.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Brazilian Dub Kizaru and Franky are so bad

Do you have examples?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Seeing Vegapunk's gigantic head had awoken a deep memory of a cartoon I vaguely remember where a space captain landed on a planet where the people had big heads and they had to use supports to hold their heads. I think it was a short in the What a Cartoon series.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many songs are in the movie?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I just had flashbacks to other giant brained cartoon characters. First is from Men in Black when Agent J accidentally became super smart and if he doesn't reverse it, his head will get bigger and eventually explode. The second is from Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot where they had a monster of the week that got smarter by eating people's brains.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Whatever happened to that Kuro guy?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

We have sailed beyond caring for the East Blue. It's all Grand Line all the time now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Maybe Vegapunk can make Shanks a new arm, either mechanical or cloning.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Oh, is FFXIV coming to an end?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

This just brings into question the tech level of this world and how widespread it is.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do you think just main body Vegapunk will go with the Straw Hats or all 7 of him?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Blame Christmas for that one

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

All we need now is Zoro "joining" this crew (reference to his original concept).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It's like the difference between saying "Honorable elder, ..." and "Hey, old dude!"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, it seems like a pretty hosed up thing to do, and no one, except possibly Bonney, seems to find it objectionable. You'd expect Jimbei, at least, to be upset about Vegapunk cloning him without his consent and enslaving the clone! Until now I assumed that the Seraphim weren't actually sentient, but S-Snake, at least, seems to be.

Edit: For the sake of my sanity, I'll assume, until we're told otherwise, that the Seraphim are just meat-robots, and S-Snake's tsundere behavior is a quirk of her programming interacting with her lineage factor rather than a sign of actual consciousness.

Eiba posted:

They had to get Atlas out of there to save her. The train they were getting on was apparently the last train, so defeating CP0 would involve Chopper and Jimbei abandoning Luffy. If their goal is to save the Vegapunks and get off the island, they need to stick together. Also, it seems like Luffy's Gear 5 had an energy limit and he was gonna have to take a breather soon anyway.

While Franky has learned some hard lessons, he is still at heart an engineer who loves making strong weapons. The rest of the Strawhats see that they're a problem, Franky sees them as an amazing accomplishment.

That said I'm pretty sure the implication is that they're meat robots like that other poster said, not actually child soldiers.

Meat robots? Don't you mean... ANDROIDS!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Something I don't get is why Lucci fighting Luffy would be an act of war if CP0 is technically "defending" a government island.