Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
What if Kuina's dad was eating a banana and just threw the peel down at the top of the stairs? What then? That's still responsible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Read the spoilers. No worse for wear for doing it so far. Maybe a little weak, but I think that's the flu shot.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Spoilers don't bother me. I looked and it really makes little sense to me. Honestly these spoilers without the context of the actual chapter are kinda worthless and you're not missing anything. Now reading a rushed and terribly translated chapter, that hurts my experience.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The black boat oddly reminds me of Jojo part 5, where a stand has the big power up, but how to catch it is a mystery. It's a race to figure it out. Except the stand didn't make whirlpools. I don't remember what it did.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Seeing Law perched on Big Mom's nose is so weird. I know she's pretty tall but drat. Felt the same way seeing just how big Katakuri was compared to Luffy on a size chart.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 26, 2023

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I was wonderig about all the eating this chapter. Is it just lunch time or what.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I find it interesting that even in a world of crazy hybrid transformation using devil fruits, everyone upon seeing Saturn immediately refer to him as a monster. Some people could even sense his coming somehow. Lower ranks aren't even allowed to look at him. The marine who's head didn't explode is probably in deep poo poo for seeing him as he really is. I'm guessing whatever these things are is probably deeply connected with the nature of the One Piece world along with the fruits that grant dreams.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Best video I could find without commentary. Chapter spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQXPoCnEGtE

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The longer I look at that size chart the less sense it makes. Yeah King was a lot bigger than Zoro, but not like that. I feel like the official heights are kinda hosed compared to the actual ineractions and fights as drawn in the manga and anime.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Zoro being 110% ride or die with Luffy is easily his best character trait imo.

Remember Zoro and Robin just standing there unafraid and letting themselves disintegrate because they had absolute faith Luffy was going to KAPOW Moria? His crew has seen more than enough at this point to be true believers. Luffy could start a church.

Actually I take that back, Buggy should have a church.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So uh, where the hell does Saturn get off calling humans insects!? Has he ever looked in a mirror? The hypocrisy of that guy.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's off to me that anyone recognizes Kuma as anything different. Maybe if One Piece wasn't full of characters with all kinds of crazy body shapes. One of his earlier appearances was him standing next to Moria and they eere basically inverse. Having a huge upper body and widdle bitty legs doesn't narrow him down either.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
This is the perfect time to reveal it was actually Kuma that bit off Shank's arm. Finally, power levels will be saved.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I guess even Kizaru has his limits. Playing it cool and just following orders just isn't going to cut it when an evil spider monster is about to kill your friends.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I wonder if what Vegapunk has to say is going to get pushed on down the line. It might get cut off here only to somehow be played closer to a big reveal arc like Laugh Tale. The 10 minutes thing doesn't bode well. Way too much time for it to be forcibly stopped. It's kind of frustrating. It reminds me too much of History of the Occult. Spoilers for that movie: It ends with a man on tv broadcasting to the nation, who knows the terrible truth about the world, but can fix everything with a single incantation. Unfortunately, he spends too much time apologizing for his part in it and gets cut off mid-word. Evil wins because you wasted time.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

Seeing Vegapunk’s lifeless corpse was pretty sad. Goodbye goofy morally questionable scientist man.

Kinda hard to tell if he's dead. His tongue hangs out like that regardless. But the killswitch was mentioned so, yeah, rip probably. At least that body. Kizaru sucks. Kills his own friend and still trying to kill a child on orders from an obviously evil spider monster.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Could gear 2 Luffy beat Recoome?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Man, this feels like it's really spinning its wheels.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
A giant brain in a tank would have been far less gruesome than the sawn off top of his head. He didn't even shave that mass of a noggin'. He just let the hair float in there. So gross.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Are Fishmen humans that adapted to the ever rising sea? Is this Waterworld? Probably not, but they sure will benefit. Lots of free underwater cities coming their way.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Flushed too soon.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The giant's ship is pretty big, but I don't know how everyone escapes right now, much less pulls off a brain heist. I feel like Vegapunk may be done before the Egghead arc is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
He could just be put on ice like Garp.