Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I have enough currency for 5 drafts. I am prepared to lose them all and still have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Thank you, I've been using mtga pro tracker and untapped in's website is much better.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

kaaj posted:

8 wins, a bunch of looses and I still didn't finish that quest with a token generating deck I'm playing:

Play one of the precons with removal, that's what I do and usually can finish that one in 5-6 games.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Olive Branch posted:

the highest winrate card in the entire set.

I don't see Sheoldred or Archangel of Wrath

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Olive Branch posted:

Okay, how about this?

(A second trophy in BO3 with the Discord channel's help, draft is here: https://www.17lands.com/draft/3dd4537e63c1418ca8c5ca432e22b7dd

This nice. I haven't got a Sheoldred yet but only done a few drafts. She seems like an autowin if you get it on the field.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Wolfsbane posted:

I got sick of aggro decks and built this:

code:
Deck
14 Plains (DMU) 277
4 The Wandering Emperor (NEO) 42
4 Citizen's Arrest (DMU) 11
2 Anointed Peacekeeper (DMU) 2
4 Phyrexian Missionary (DMU) 27
4 Destroy Evil (DMU) 17
2 Cloudsteel Kirin (NEO) 8
4 Inspiring Overseer (SNC) 18
3 Serra Paragon (DMU) 32
1 Archangel of Wrath (DMU) 3
1 Kyodai, Soul of Kamigawa (NEO) 23
3 Depopulate (SNC) 10
2 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
4 Temporary Lockdown (DMU) 36
4 Scoured Barrens (NEO) 274
4 Sunlit Marsh (DMU) 257
It's not particularly clever and there are some dodgy choices, but it absolutely ruins anyone who plays turn 1 kumano.

Yeah I've been seeing something like this more in standard ranked and I play monored. Depopulate is not nice.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i think there are plenty of other reasons why aggro sucks rear end right now with meathook being like #9 on the list

After 300 games of aggro I can confirm that Meathook is at least #2 on the list. Every other common problem I've had can be dealt with burn cards or dmg in some way, except for white's depopulate

thespaceinvader posted:

Bye hook.

Maybe monored aggro could work now.

It worked pretty well last month, I had a 65% win rate to Mythic. And I wouldn't even consider myself great at playing. Should be even better now but I've been playing a lot more white decks with depopulate than I did in September.

goodness fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

is there a burn spell in standard right now good enough to deal with sheoldred? because while meathook was a problem for aggro decks, sheoldred is a big fat brick wall for monored aggro.

Idk about a single card but the 2 most common ways I've been able to deal with it are Lightning Strike/Kami's Flare + Play with Fire or surprisingly, a lot of people even in diamond use the sheoldred to block a creature then it gets burned.

And then they play another Sheoldred :shepicide:

goodness fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 10, 2022