Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
...and not simply a neuro-divergent adult male with an overactive imagination? Like for example, every time he contacts Orson, it always seems to be in his head and he's always wearing the same clothing with brightly colored rainbow patterns, and he has difficulty understanding the way humans interact. Also he seems to have constant manic episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

sorry i don't watch rick and morty because i'm not a child

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
He could be an alien and still have a mental illness OP

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I read it first as Monk like the detective and I was thinking that was an interesting read of the character

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Morkin’ Mindy

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Show me where on the spectrum, "He laid an egg and Johnathan Winters came out" is.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Bonzo posted:

Show me where on the spectrum, "He laid an egg and Johnathan Winters came out" is.

OK, now I'm agreeing with Mooey Cow that he is an alien but still a neuro-divergent one and maybe they sent him to Earth to learn how to interact with normal people.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thank u for this insightful analysis dr. j.o.r. peterson

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Pretty sure that was just Robin Williams playing a fictional character. There is a lot of that sort of thing on television.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He was an MFer. I had it out with him in the parking lot outside a Circuit City back when that was still a thing....

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He was an MFer. I had it out with him in the parking lot outside a Circuit City back when that was still a thing....

he was faking the mental issues thing. he was doing it for the clout

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i hosed mork.

i'm sorry.

but i'd do it again.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

worm girl posted:

Pretty sure that was just Robin Williams playing a fictional character. There is a lot of that sort of thing on television.

No, Mork was the real identity and Robin Williams was the human disguise, and he faked his death so he could go back to his home planet.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Jabberlock posted:

I read it first as Monk like the detective and I was thinking that was an interesting read of the character

Was gonna post this. I forgot about Monk, that was a pretty good show at least when it came out anyway, haven't watched since

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxDCYl2NuA

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
morp

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he had far too much body hair to be human. from the neck down he was 100% squatch.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
more like dork & mindy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He inspired brutal cunning in his adherents

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
maybe we were the aliens did you ever think of that

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Mork picked up his outfit off the dead body of Colonel Phillip Green.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Mork is beaked out of his mind on coke OP

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
An Aspie on Acid

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ralph Hurley posted:

Mork is beaked out of his mind on coke OP

This is inaccurate. Robin Williams, the actor, was beaked out of his mind on cocaine. Mork is just a manifestation of that drug abuse.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mork gave birth to his son by laying an egg. Upon hatching, his son was a middle aged man. Mork is either an alien or a avant-garde performance artist.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Mork vs The Greatest American Hero. One is an alien sent from above to dress as a man and live among us. The other is a man made to dress as an alien and live above us.

Meanwhile, Superfuzz seeks to kill both in their civilian identities to end their dual threats to humanity.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Believe it or not
I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free ee ee
flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I forget whether he ended up loving Mindy, confirm or deny pls.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like dork from.... dork.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BigBadSteve posted:

they never showed it but it was heavily implied

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BigBadSteve posted:

They were married so probably not, amiright fellas?

*tugs collar*

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Mork was Mindy's alter-ego, like in Fight Club or Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BigBadSteve posted:

somewhere on these forums is artwork by Pick exploring the mechanism by which mork got an egg out of mindy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
If he wasn’t an alien why did he says shazbat? That’s an alien word

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jabberlock posted:

lol same

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i poo poo my pants in a boulder trader joes and im pretty sure one of the people who threw up was wobin rilliams

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

somewhere on these forums is artwork by Pick exploring the mechanism by which mork got an egg out of mindy

Orkans might not have XX/XY when determining sex, but more a birdlike** ZW/ZZ ones, where it's the male that has two identical sex determining chromosomes, not the females.

What I'm suggesting is that on a genetic or reproductive level, to an Orkan, that Mindy MIGHT be considered a 'male'. From a human perspective, Mork would be the 'female'. So, I don't know where this goes in on how this works. I know their offspring in an episode was referred to as a 'mutant' by another alien as a offensive slur.

I know Professor X is a mutant, and he seems cool with the term, and he's having a relationship with an alien bird lady on the side, and she's not getting pregnant with his kid from what I've read.

**(Fits with their egg motif)

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i saw this thread and thought someone made a joke thread about the one from yesterday, replacing "Mork" with "Monk" like the show Monk and it turns out my eyes are just really bad where are my glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

What the fucks a mork?