Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Beneath the lamp the lady bowed,
And slowly rolled her eyes around;
Then drawing in her breath aloud,
Like one that shuddered, she unbound
The cincture from beneath her breast:
Her silken robe, and inner vest,
Dropt to her feet, and full in view,
Behold!

That's right, it's the 10th Annual Scream Stream! An entire decade of watching horror movies with friends during the best month, October! Ten years spent with our online buddies appreciating all the best and worst that the horror genre has to offer. From the lows of Chillerama, to the highs of Creepshow, and to the existence of Winterbeast, the Scream Stream has spent the last 10 years ensuring that all goons can have a fun Halloween season.

Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night from October 7th to October 30th, at 8:30 EST, the Scream Stream will be held. Two horror films will be streamed each night, along with some other light Halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. Are you a Scream Stream veteran, familiar with the agonies of corporate-owned screaming services that want you to never enjoy another second of your life? Good news! There will be a new proprietary streaming service being utilized, with new and exciting ways to thrill and/or disappoint you. It wouldn't be a Scream Stream without cursing how much worse the Internet has gotten in the last decade.

Want to join in?
Click here to check out the new streaming site!
As a note, during off-hours the site may display movies that are not a part of the Scream Stream.
Click here to join our Discord community of Spook-A-Doodlers!

Every Scream Stream has it's own Scream Theme and this year the theme of the films shown will be: Scream Stream: Deja Vu - Remakes, reboots, and adaptations of works that have already been adapted before. Second chances are hard to come by, but there are 24 of them for you this month.

Even though there are going to be some obvious great horror remakes in the mix, there will be a good chunk of sight-unseen ones. That means that just like Halloween, sometimes you're going to get that weird candy with the waxy wrappers that seems like it's probably been poisoned. It's all part of the spirit of the season.

But there's more to the Scream Stream than watching awesome horror movies with your favorite goons! There are also prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details. The only thing tastier than pizza is pizza you don't have to pay for! I'm not going to post past winners because whatever trust me they got their pizza, okay? New winners may show up, though!

Finally, here are a couple links you can peruse to see Scream Streams of Octobers past. Relive those glory days ten years ago when you were really meaning to make another Friday the 13th after waiting for 4 years. Any day, now!

Click here for a pastebin of past streams!

And click here for a Letterboxd List of them, with thanks to Franchescanado for maintaining their own list for several years.

fr0id fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ground Floor

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
My favorite time of the year!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I will try to be there as much as possible pending work schedule. We've got reshowings of Halloween '78, Halloween 2018, Halloween Kills on top of Halloween Ends along with all the other big Horror releases so it's going to be crazy.

Rauthane
Dec 23, 2001
goat!
I'm ready for spooky movies.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

So is this the year of going to space and/or New York City?

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

The Invisible Man (2020)

Parental Guide
Potential Trigger Warnings

and…

Piranha 3D (in 2D) (2010)

Parental Guide
Potential Trigger Warnings

We’ll also be playing…

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win…

Finally, and most importantly, here is the link to where you can join in! No more downloading plugins, just buttery smooth streaming.

Scream Stream Proprietary Streaming Site
Scream Stream Discord

Edit:
Alternate Stream Link

https://angelthump.com/lurdiak1

fr0id fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 8, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
WOOHOO! Its the season for screamin!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Excited to scream again. Only made it to one last time round, hopefully can spook it up more this season.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Oh man this rules thanks for letting me know DMS. I've even joined the discord since I'm only in too many already. SPOOP SEASON IS BACK

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I hate being that person but the stream is way too janky across the board to enjoy it.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hate being that person but the stream is way too janky across the board to enjoy it.

It seems to have smoothed out a bit if you want to give it another shot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

fr0id posted:

It seems to have smoothed out a bit if you want to give it another shot.

Thanks! It does seem much better. I would have been a very sad goon if the stream didn't pan out this year.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hollismason posted:

Ground Floor

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Scream Stream X: In Space

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Tonight’s features, beginning at 8:30 EST are…

Maniac (2012)

Parental Guide
Possible Trigger Warnings
Additional Trigger Warnings Based on Consent

And…

Frankenweenie (2012)

Parental Guide

Followed by…

Dr. Terrible’s House of Horrible

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the…

Join in with this link!

Or this one if the first does not load!

And chat with us on Discord, or even watch the stream on the Stream and Gab Channel (MAKE SURE TO MUTE YOUR MICROPHONE if you hop on so we don’t have to hear you eating pizza or rear end or what have you)!

Technical Notes:
If you are having issues with the direct website feed, please try tuning into the Discord stream rather than refreshing or reloading the site. When a bunch of people refresh at once, it causes the stream to drop frames and buffer for everyone. It’s cool to hop back on the main site later, but we just want to avoid a bunch of people doing it at once.

In addition, the stream will go live at 8:00 EST, playing a rotation of seasonal music. While everyone is first hopping on and loading the stream, there will likely also be some lag and buffering. This should go away once everyone is settled, so you don’t need to try refreshing/reloading.

So basically: there will be some lag/buffering while everyone is initially loading. This is normal and you do not need to refresh your stream. If you are having issues after that, or just want to avoid contributing to server load, there will be a mirrored stream in the discord you can hop on.

I know it’s not a seamless process, but once initial issues with everyone loading/reloading the site were settled, the experience was great. Thanks, everyone!

fr0id fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 8, 2022

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I've got a lot going on and don't know how many nights I'll be able to tune in for this year, but I simply must say that the Scream Stream rules and will forever be near and dear to my heart.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

The Nightcomers (1971)

Parental Guide

And…

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Parental Guide
Information on Consent-Based Triggers

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

And chat with us on Discord, or even watch the stream on the Stream and Gab Channel (MAKE SURE TO MUTE YOUR MICROPHONE if you hop on so we don’t have to hear you eating pizza or rear end or what have you)!

Technical Notes:
If you are having issues with the direct website feed, please try tuning into the Discord stream rather than refreshing or reloading the site. When a bunch of people refresh at once, it causes the stream to drop frames and buffer for everyone. It’s cool to hop back on the main site later, but we just want to avoid a bunch of people doing it at once.

In addition, the stream will go live at 8:00 EST, playing a rotation of seasonal music. While everyone is first hopping on and loading the stream, there will likely also be some lag and buffering. This should go away once everyone is settled, so you don’t need to try refreshing/reloading.

So basically: there will be some lag/buffering while everyone is initially loading. This is normal and you do not need to refresh your stream. If you are having issues after that, or just want to avoid contributing to server load, there will be a mirrored stream in the discord you can hop on.

I know it’s not a seamless process, but once initial issues with everyone loading/reloading the site were settled, the experience was great. Thanks, everyone!

fr0id fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 10, 2022

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Candyman (2021)

Parental Guide
Additional Consent-Based Trigger Warnings

And…

House on Haunted Hill (1999)

Parental Guide
Additional Consent-Based Trigger Warnings

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

This is also your chance to enter to win…

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Candyman '21 whips, heck yeah

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

The Color Out of Space (2010)

No Parental or Trigger Warning Guides Available

And…

Child’s Play (2019)

Parental Guide

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I have to be honest, it’s been very difficult to enjoy the stream because of all the technical issues. I usually would stay up and watch the whole thing but now it’s just annoying to deal with and not worth it.

Hopefully they can get these issues sorted out for next year.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Child's Play was a huge disappointment, it had the makings of a great movie but it's potential was wasted by a studio that didn't really know what they were trying to make

The kids were great actors and that aspect of the story almost worked but the writers didn't know what to do with them. The evil robot aspect was the dumbest version of it, literally just the "Someone set this thing to evil" joke from The Simpsons; they could have, I don't know, maybe had the CEO scan his brain as an immortality bid and the files accidentally got copied to the doll. The IoT part could have received another pass in the script; they had to go out of their way to show that the maintenance guy was secretly installing cameras everywhere when it would have been less of a reach to just have Chucky hack into cameras and microphones built into IoT devices; that part of the movie should have had more kills, they could've reached it twenty minutes sooner and made the movie about the dangers of having everything hooked up to the internet to be controlled remotely. The "We don't believe you that the doll is evil" thing doesn't work when they've seen the doll try to stab someone. Chucky himself is pretty dull; yeah, he's a robot but this is a sci-fi horror, they could have at least tried to make him interesting, Hamill had the talent to pull it off if he were given something better to work with.

Just a whole host of half-baked ideas that add up to less than the sum of its parts.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

The Woman in Black (2012)

Parental Guide

And…

Willard (2003)

Parental Guide

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Suspiria (2018)

Parental Guide
More Trigger Warnings Around Consent

And…

Dirt Dauber (2009)

but also…

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949)

Followed by…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Be sure to tune in to find out how to enter to wing…

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:
NEW NOTE: If you have a VPN, try switching it around a bit. That has fixed buffering issues for some people.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm excited for Dirt Dauber even though I've never heard of it.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Sorry about last night! Life got hectic and I didn’t have time to post. The lineup was…

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)

And…

The Blob (1988)

Followed by…

Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Count Dracula (1977)

Parental Guide

And…

The Crazies (2010)

Parental Guide

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

What’s this? I’m trying to rejuvenate in my coffin until next weekend. But is this…a fan stream?

It’s…

Going live at 9:10 PM EST Monday through Thursday of this week, it’s the Ween Stream! What movies will be playing? gently caress you it’s a mystery.

Tune in here!

If you have buffering issues, try switching server locations on a VPN! It helped me gain inches and decrease buffering 100%!

fr0id fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 25, 2022

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

The Curse or Frankenstein (1957)

Parental Guide

And…

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Parental Guide
Other Trigger Warnings Based on Consent

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Be sure to tune in to learn how to enter and win…

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:
NEW NOTE: If you have a VPN, try different servers. It may help with buffering issues.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Dont Be Afraid of the Dark (2010)

Parental Guide

And…

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Parental Guide

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:
NEW NOTE: If you have a VPN, try different servers. It may help with buffering issues.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

House of Wax (1953)

Parental Guide

And…

The Thing (1982)

Parental Guide
Other Trigger Warnings Based in Consent

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

What’s this? A SPECIAL HALLOWEEN STREAM?! BAH GOD WE HAVE BROKEN THIS STREAM IN HALF GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY.

Halloween’s features, beginning at 5:00 PM EST (note, this starts early!) are…

Creepshow

And…

Creepshow 2

And…

Mad God

And…

WNUF Halloween Special

Folks I’m tired. If you’re worried about triggers use Doesthedogdie, IMDB parents guide, or unconsentingmedia. These sites will tell you what you need to know.

Followed by…

and…

Tales of the Unexpected

and…

Beetlejuice

Join in with this link!

Technical Notes:

edit: If you get a 500 error pm Lurdiak. It otherwise is okay to refresh the angelthump link

fr0id fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 31, 2022

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Thanks as always to Lurdiak for putting this on.

October is always more fun with the stream, whether it's rewatching The Thing for the 30th time or trying to puzzle out wtf was going on with Mad God on a first viewing.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Again, thanks so much for the streams. While I wasn't able to attend all of them, the ones I did I had incredible fun with. Looking forward to next year's already.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm sad it's over. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Well everyone, it’s been a blast, but the 10th Annual Scream Stream has drawn to a close. Please enjoy some fond memories in the form of a gallery of gifs and photoshops of the movies from our discord, a gallery of pizza, and a video of this year’s intro!

GIF and Image Gallery

This Year’s Pizza Winners!

This Year’s Intro!

The Full Letterboxd List of Every Film Shown

But if you find yourself still craving holiday horror, fear not (or, I guess, fear yes?). Come Christmas time, there may be an extra early present to open…